Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons #41  
Now you all know the anti rules, regulations and laws would not tamper with the motor oil we use in our tractors and other diesel equipment.

Oops.....spoke to soon there is a Federal law against it so it must be getting to be a frequent occurrence.

Product tampering:

§ 1365 defines consumer product tampering as tampering with the product with "reckless disregard" for the fact that it might cause injury or death or with the intent of causing injury to a business. It is also a federal crime to attempt to tamper with or taint a product, even if you fall in doing so.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #42  
It would be nice if nearly every vehicle and tractor I owned didn't require a different weight. I could legitimately use a few 5 gallon pails per year, but other than the infrequent hydro oil changes, it's in 1-2 gallon increments at five different weights.
I'd look closer, I bet most of them have overlapping viscosity ranges unless you mean some have gasoline engines and some diesel engines, then it's more than viscosity, it's additive packages.
But most if not all of the diesel engines can probably use the same oil and the gasoline engines, they can probably all use the same 5W-30 or 5W-20 or 10W-30.

Five different weights seems unnecessary.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #43  
I'd look closer, I bet most of them have overlapping viscosity ranges unless you mean some have gasoline engines and some diesel engines, then it's more than viscosity, it's additive packages.
But most if not all of the diesel engines can probably use the same oil and the gasoline engines, they can probably all use the same 5W-30 or 5W-20 or 10W-30.

Five different weights seems unnecessary.
Yeah, there's always some overlap, particularly if only used in one season, and you don't need full temperature range. But I have several with nearly zero overlap:

SRT: 0W40 full-synth
Two 5.7L Hemi R/T's: both 5W20 full-synth
Old tractor: 15W40 diesel dino in engine, low-vis hydro
New tractor: 10W30 diesel dino in engine, low-vis hydro
Mower: 10W30 turf dino in engine, 15W40 dino in hydro
Various walk-behinds: mostly get 5W30 full-synth or 10W30 dino

/ Rotella T6 gallons #44  
I like Rotella T6 but found I can buy Valvoline in 5 gallon buckets from my local farm co-op. A number of farmers here use in high HP, high demand applications.
Cummins endorses the Valvoline synthetic diesel oils, so that’s good enough for me.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #45  
I use Rotella T6 5/40 in practically all my engines; diesel 3054xs tractor, John Deere lawn tractor powered by a Kohler gas engine (1988), DR field and brush mower powered by a Tecumseh gas engine (1999), Dr lawn/leaf vacuum powered by a Briggs-Straton I/C gas engine (2000) as well as my Polaris Ranger 800cc gas engine (2011) and have for probably 15 years with no ill effects with any of them

/ Rotella T6 gallons #47  
You do have to watch for missing foil on DEF. It is purchased, dumped in DEF tank, then refilled with water & returned.
Hmmm, could that be the reason behind the seals? Theft, not hygienics!

/ Rotella T6 gallons #48  
Just learned the hard way that the super fantastic low viscosity automatic transmission fluid from Mobil One developed for the GM 8 and 10 speed trannys - you know that $85 per quart stuff, does not use the old foil seal. Go ahead, ask how I know. When they say low viscosity they men it - stuff flowed everywhere!

/ Rotella T6 gallons #49  
Hmmm, could that be the reason behind the seals? Theft, not hygienics!

For sure, but many unsuspecting or extremely busy people don’t check.
Then their DEF system gets ruined and costly repairs ensue