Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons #51  
I paid like $35 for a gallon of Rotella at the local auto parts store, not Napa, but the other one, forget the chain name.. a little over half that at TSC, so I won't be buying local anymore for that.

Last edited:
   / Rotella T6 gallons #53  
I sure miss the good old days when you didn’t have to worry about someone messing around with a product!
The good old days weren't. Folks were adulterating booze in the 1920's, and countless other industrial products back to the beginning of the industrial revolution. Heck, Frederick Accum's entire fame and fortune is based on finding harmful substances added to food products in the 1920's, to cheat people out of that for which they were paying. I suspect some enterprising Romans were doing it 2000 years ago, and others before them.

I'd guess that between manufacturer and courier oversight, and tamper-resistant product packaging, we're probably living in one of the best historical times for actually getting the real McCoy, when we buy a bottle of any chemical.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #55  
I can attest to the new bottle design, and I'm pissed!

Most of a gallon of T6 just dispersed in my car trunk as the cap loosened up from other bottles hitting it.

No seal to prevent a mess anymore!
:⁠-⁠(

Blake

/ Rotella T6 gallons #56  
I value my vehicle dealer as much as I value my tractor dealer. I bought a few quarts of ACDelco oil to keep on hand in case I need it (so far I have never needed any) and the ACDelco 2 1/2 gallon jugs of DEF from the dealership when needed. Cheaper than the parts house, I get GM points to help pay for my service work, and their DEF stock gets turned over quite frequently. And if warranty work is ever needed, I don't think there will be a question about using off-brand or bad DEF.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #57  
I use the best oil there ever was. It is called clean oil!!

Ok for real I have used Rotella T2 15w40 for about 30 years. I have never in that time replaced or overhauled an engine. I use it in everything I own unless I'm mixing for 2 stroke. I am thoroughly convinced of the superior characteristics of man made lubricants but not so convinced of the purported economics. My 290000 mile truck and my 70 year old tractors seem accepting of my beliefs and trust me nothing around here gets a free lunch. They all earn their keep.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #58  
I think its OK as long as you're not planning on drinking it.

Finally got around to changing oil and filter on the Rams Cummins and the Rhino tractor.

The 2.5 Gallon jugs had the the foil seal.

I Do notice How much FASTER the Diesels crank over when the temps drop down well under freezing with T6 5W-40 .
Fast Cranking speed helps with starting

Last edited:
   / Rotella T6 gallons #59  
I can attest to the new bottle design, and I'm pissed!

Most of a gallon of T6 just dispersed in my car trunk as the cap loosened up from other bottles hitting it.

No seal to prevent a mess anymore!
:⁠-⁠(

Blake
I would be Bent Too!

In fact that is probably worth calling the customer service line, like I did ( not getting $80 rebate instead of $60) and at least letting them know one of the consequences of dropping the seal.
Shell does actually have real people in the USA that answer the phone. I waited 7 minutes on hold.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #60  
I see that Tractor Supply has T6 for $69.95 2.5 gal 15w40

willy