Rought Ride

/ Rought Ride #51  
As far as seats go in the Kubota line I only have a mower and it has a suspension seat which is old and worn.
My IH 574 does not have any suspension for the seat, my Branson 8050 has a suspension seat which isn't terrible,
it does not come close to any of the farm tractors with the Grammer Air ride seats, however those seats are around $1300 each.
That is air ride, swivel, and adjustable, last week I spent around 50-60 hours in the IH Magnums with air seats at the heady speeds of 3 to 3.6 mph
and those seats isolated much of the smaller bumps from me plus the air ride allowed me to raise and lower my seating position easily which helps in a long day.
Now my mower needed some help with it's mechanical suspension seat, it was bottomed out most of the time,
I may buy an air spring some day to add into it but for now I have a $3 air aid ( from the kid toy box in the store) which helps considerably;
View attachment 660562 View attachment 660563
you can laugh all you'd like but it works.

Hahahaha yeah thatll help, but one day after some deterioration from the sun....KABOOM! :shocked:

/ Rought Ride #52  
Hahahaha yeah thatll help, but one day after some deterioration from the sun....KABOOM! :shocked:

This is it's second summer and at 3 bucks each I'll replace it.
I have looked at numerous air springs and may end up buying one sooner or later.

/ Rought Ride #53  
I have an L4060 cab. Like the tractor but the seat slopes forward. In the op manual it states that it’s base is sloped forward. I guess to assist in adjusting front to back motion. Bad idea Kubota. Annoying and uncomfortable.

I don’t have the bottoming out problem but will be taking the seat apart to see how I can get rid of the forward slope.

/ Rought Ride #54  
I have posted here a good bit on my Kubota L606 with cab and the seat problem. I have put a few hours on the Kubota air ride seat and it has gotten me to where I am fine now. It is a great solution NO IT IS NOT. I just sold a bigger JD with air ride and yes it was much larger tractor but the air ride seat itself was totally better unit. It did not bottom out which the air ride Kubota seat for me does some. To me the biggest issue with the Kubota seat suspension is not a solid unit, built weak. Mine would move enough it hit the pto switch on the right and the storage tube on the left fender wall. On top of that the old saying it is the sudden stop that kills is the issue here. The suspension is poor enough it does not even handle weight it is suppose to be built for, think it is 265 pounds. Funny Kubota does not want that released when most seats companies show it real quick in their info. The seat does travel some too easy and then hits HARD bottom jarring you or me. The Kubota air ride for me has only limited the easy travel so it does not hit a hard stop.

My Kubota B2710 has a simple seat, no springs on the front end and two coil on the rear of that seat. That tractor is smaller and loader tires as well as the L606 has. It has much better ride as the seat does not have the hard hit as it does not let you travel very far to have any speed for the hard and sudden stop.

Do I think Kubota has a real issue here, yes I do. Do I think there is enough post on the internet on this issue to cause Kubota a legal issue, no idea. Think to go after them in a major way would be very costly in court but if small claims might be easy. What amazes me with all the post on this no one else has dared to compare how much better seating comfort their tractor has over the Kubota...Hey with all the issues with these seats why has no seat company taken this on also, can not one build a suitable seat? If so they sure should advertise on Kubota forums.

One major issue to consider, before you decide to make a seat change be sure the new one will fit. It is very tight in the grand cab.

/ Rought Ride #55  
I wonder what farmers did for 100 years or so, with those steel seats with the large U shaped spring they used?. maybe people were tougher back then?.. maybe they just drove at a slower, comfortable speed?..

My Dad weighed 160lbs dripping wet. Worked way too hard to carry around 50lbs of fat. :)

/ Rought Ride #57  
Getting older, I find the more you move and work, the better you feel. Seems too many people are doing everything possible to not do anything physical as they get older. Never get out of your cab, use a back up camera and so forth. Park as close to the entrance as possible, heck let the other people out AT the entrance! Then think about going to the gym. :confused2: