Rought Ride

/ Rought Ride #31  
understand. wise to do your homework & shop around. once you find what you need, in 6 mo you'll forget the investment & will be able to enjoy your seat time
let us know what you come up with & give a field report
you may consider making a new post re: air ride seat in owning operating or attachments
it may come down to K's air ride seat vs the Grammer. not sure if Kubota's price includes installation, something to consider.

bet you'll get a lot of feedback best regards

Last edited:
   / Rought Ride #32  
I got my L6060 hstc about two months back. Mechanical seat at least mine was a joke. Had I drove one on rough ground before buying would have not bought the tractor. It is my third Kubota with a B2710 and there is very little movement to that seat only springs on the rear but it is much better ride than the L6060 was. It was suggested to install larger springs and that might have been wise but dealer split the cost with me. One reason his tech tested my seat and said yes, it is a problem. He weighed less than 200 pounds. I have a M6800 also with mechanical seat (open station) and it works well for me, wondered if it would fit as it has held up well for 20 years other than seat itself replacement.
If not mistaken Kubota on the L cab is a Grammer (think have it spelled correctly) but you must be very careful on the clearance in that cab. The Kubota air ride seat the arms are very tight to the sides with the pto switch just being cleared. Be aware the air ride seats don't flip forward nor rotate if either of those matter. The air ride seat is a total package so you are buying and installing from the floor up. Be sure you are getting the installed price with your Kubota dealer. When it stops raining here will be able to give better feed back on the air ride but for now two weeks have gotten from 1/2 to 4 inches of rain I think all but 1 day. No hard ground to run over.
I really believe Kubota needs to admit they have a seat that a problem. To begin with they should work as rated which they don't publish but they are for up to 265 ponds and have heard many who weigh less tell how they bottom out on them. Kubota would not stand behind their seat...first issue in three Kubota's ever had an issue with and no back up by Kubota. Did say before buying would be my last one, thought it would be due to my age. lol

/ Rought Ride #33  
...Had I drove one on rough ground before buying....
Reminds me of buying my Tacoma!! The difference between the TRD Sport Package and regular 4x4 was very evident driving on rough roads that we test drove them on. IF I was 40 years younger, I would love that stiff suspension... give me that smoother ride! :)

/ Rought Ride #34  
I wonder what farmers did for 100 years or so, with those steel seats with the large U shaped spring they used?. maybe people were tougher back then?.. maybe they just drove at a slower, comfortable speed?..

/ Rought Ride #35  
It isn't only the larger among us. I purchased my third Kubota last fall, a 4710. I weigh 160. On rough patches, my seat can bottom out if I am driving more than very low speed. I spent some time fooling with the adjustment and finally got it to where I wasn't gonna get tossed up in the air if I hit an unexpected rough patch [for whatever speed I was going]. Only time I have trouble now is when I drive a quarter mile up our dirt road to my 93-yr-old neighbor's to help with whatever. I have to slow down to basically a crawl in areas or my seat belt is tested to the max and the seat bottoming out. I can live with crawling along now and then better than spending big bucks on a different seat.

By the way, my previous-most Kubota, an L3000, didn't have this issue on the same terrain and roads I am still operating on.

/ Rought Ride #36  
I wonder what farmers did for 100 years or so, with those steel seats with the large U shaped spring they used?. maybe people were tougher back then?.. maybe they just drove at a slower, comfortable speed?..

Tougher? Most likely. Farming was hard work. Still is, but not as much.

Less overweight? Most definately. I’ve seen some pics of my ancestor farmers. All are very thin? Probably because worked from sun up to sun down, and labor intensive.

Drove slower? Most likely, tractors were not near as powerful as modern ones.

/ Rought Ride #37  

died at an earlier age. what was the average mortality age 100 yrs ago for males? low-mid 50's?

/ Rought Ride #38  

Believe it or not some of those old seats beat the heck out of the ones on my Kubota. I have one here that is a 1949 and the pan seat on it rides smooth. It has a big spring over a post that gives it the nice ride. On the Kubota how do I free up the cheap suspension under my seat. I think it is frozen up

/ Rought Ride #39  
also those older classics were much heavier, longer & wider wheel base. much smoother.
& yes, the operators were a lot tougher than you or me

/ Rought Ride #40  
also those older classics were much heavier, longer & wider wheel base. much smoother.
& yes, the operators were a lot tougher than you or me
also, with no seatbelts, they had to go slower, else get thrown out of the seat, not a good feeling!. I always noticed there is a speed limit on rough terrain, go too fast, and it can hurt!..