Router Table....Unisaw

/ Router Table....Unisaw #31  
Gee, you guys have some impressive setups. I don't have my router table on my table saw. I built a serarate one. I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. Perhaps someone would enlighten me.

However, for anyone thinking about router tables, I've found that a good 5 feet along the fence is really valuable and it allows you to use the router table as a edge jointer if you don't feel up to pulling out the jointer or the jack.

Cliff

/ Router Table....Unisaw #32  
Gee, you guys have some impressive setups. I don't have my router table on my table saw. I built a serarate one. I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. Perhaps someone would enlighten me.

However, for anyone thinking about router tables, I've found that a good 5 feet along the fence is really valuable and it allows you to use the router table as a edge jointer if you don't feel up to pulling out the jointer or the jack.

Cliff

/ Router Table....Unisaw #33  
My setup allows me to use the Delta's table space for more than just the saw. It also allows me to use the unifence for the router as well. Also I already have the dust collection to the saw so it saved me another DC pipe run.

Dedicated router tables are awesome as well. I have the plans for Norm's table. I love that design.

/ Router Table....Unisaw #34  
My setup allows me to use the Delta's table space for more than just the saw. It also allows me to use the unifence for the router as well. Also I already have the dust collection to the saw so it saved me another DC pipe run.

Dedicated router tables are awesome as well. I have the plans for Norm's table. I love that design.

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Cliff,
Good to hear from you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wish I had enough space in my shop for a dedicated router table /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not !

When I get that barn/ workshop built in Vt, well then maybe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I really do like that extra table to the left for the support.

The wifes got me so busy this year getting the house ready for a family reunion that I dont have time for any woodworking projects /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Cliff,
Good to hear from you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wish I had enough space in my shop for a dedicated router table /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not !

When I get that barn/ workshop built in Vt, well then maybe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I really do like that extra table to the left for the support.

The wifes got me so busy this year getting the house ready for a family reunion that I dont have time for any woodworking projects /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Router Table....Unisaw #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gee, you guys have some impressive setups. I don't have my router table on my table saw. I built a serarate one. I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. Perhaps someone would enlighten me.
)</font>

I have had the router build into the table saw extention for several years now and for me the only advantage is space savings.
If I want to cut a large sheet of plywood I have to lower the router/move the router fence which destroys my set up for routing. Yes there are tricks to set back up quickly but it is still a hassle. If you have the extra room a separate table (like Norm has) is much more user friendly.

/ Router Table....Unisaw #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gee, you guys have some impressive setups. I don't have my router table on my table saw. I built a serarate one. I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. Perhaps someone would enlighten me.
)</font>

I have had the router build into the table saw extention for several years now and for me the only advantage is space savings.
If I want to cut a large sheet of plywood I have to lower the router/move the router fence which destroys my set up for routing. Yes there are tricks to set back up quickly but it is still a hassle. If you have the extra room a separate table (like Norm has) is much more user friendly.

/ Router Table....Unisaw #39  
<font color="blue"> I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. </font>

Cliff, for me I never really considered a stand alone router table.

Main reasons probably were that I had a nice amount of flat table space on my saw setup, and also had a very nice Delta Unifence on my saw. As also mentioned I had my dust collector piping right there as well.

In my case, I don't normally have to keep swinging back and forth between my saw blade and my router. I have a couple radial arm saws that I can use for cross cutting. And if I need to rip something that is not too wide, I can pop the delta fence off and put it back on in an instant, on the other side of the router bit...

I am really satisfied with my set up. Not that I do a lot of wood working, but to date I have never felt that I need a stand alone table for what I do.

Space savings was not a consideration for me, but I can see how that would be an advantage for some.

/ Router Table....Unisaw #40  
<font color="blue"> I admit I'm not sure I see the advantage of the table saw version. </font>

Cliff, for me I never really considered a stand alone router table.

Main reasons probably were that I had a nice amount of flat table space on my saw setup, and also had a very nice Delta Unifence on my saw. As also mentioned I had my dust collector piping right there as well.

In my case, I don't normally have to keep swinging back and forth between my saw blade and my router. I have a couple radial arm saws that I can use for cross cutting. And if I need to rip something that is not too wide, I can pop the delta fence off and put it back on in an instant, on the other side of the router bit...

I am really satisfied with my set up. Not that I do a lot of wood working, but to date I have never felt that I need a stand alone table for what I do.

Space savings was not a consideration for me, but I can see how that would be an advantage for some.