Row Hippers and Cultivator

/ Row Hippers and Cultivator
Ken, just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to get only the cultivator including shipping?

/ Row Hippers and Cultivator #13  
I'd be interested to know if I could buy just the hiller disks and shanks. I'm thinking of converting my carry-all to a frame for them. I asked EA.com about it and was told they weren't available seperately, makes me wonder what happens if you break one..
Edit: Maybe just make them from some old trailer rims and spindles..

Last edited:
Ok, I may have come in luck...

Tomorrow, I'm driving an hour away to go look at a used "row builder". All I know is that it has 2 discs per side. I don't know the manufacturer or the age of it. The man is asking $350 for it.

Also, he said he's got a 1 row cultivator that he "might" sell when I told him I was looking for one of them also. He said it has the "middlebuster looking pieces" on the ends of it and that it was the "expensive" type cultivator... I'm not sure what he'll be wanting for it though.

Does anybody have any advice?? Anything I should look for? What about prices? What would be "too much" to pay for these implements??

Thanks!

/ Row Hippers and Cultivator #15  
Ok, I may have come in luck...

Tomorrow, I'm driving an hour away to go look at a used "row builder". All I know is that it has 2 discs per side. I don't know the manufacturer or the age of it. The man is asking $350 for it.

Also, he said he's got a 1 row cultivator that he "might" sell when I told him I was looking for one of them also. He said it has the "middlebuster looking pieces" on the ends of it and that it was the "expensive" type cultivator... I'm not sure what he'll be wanting for it though.

Does anybody have any advice?? Anything I should look for? What about prices? What would be "too much" to pay for these implements??

Thanks!

Used cults $125 and New 1 row cults are $225 and hillers at agrisupply are about what he is asking used? Ken Sweet

Thanks for all the replies, especially to Ken Sweet...

Well, it's been a long day. I went and got the used row hippers and cultivator, picked up my atv that was in the shop, came home and unloaded the trailer, then cooked a smoked sausage and pork jambalaya- that I just got done with. But everything I done today was WELL worth it!!

As for the row hippers, I don't think I've ever seen a set as heavy as the ones I purchased today. They almost look like they're made for a small dozer. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them. The cultivator is very nice too. It's made out of heavy angle iron. Both look to be old antique pieces of equipment. I think I got a really good deal.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow... Maybe someone here knows information about them.

Travis R

Yes, I have found everything. Thanks for the replies! Now let me see if I can get some pictures posted of my row disks and cultivator...

Attachments

• 100_0023.jpg
    100_0023.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 780
  • 100_0027.jpg
    100_0027.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 367
  • 100_0024.jpg
    100_0024.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Pictures taken by a Kodak M550 digital camera...
If any of ya'll have any information on this equipment, please let me know. I know nothing about it- like where it originatated from, the age of it, or who the manufacturer is. All I know is where I bought them from. I think the row disks were somewhat home made. The cultivator came with 2 more tines and sweeps, they're just not mounted. Lets see if I can get the cultivator pics posted...

Attachments

• 100_0035.jpg
    100_0035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 430
  • 100_0034.jpg
    100_0034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 100_0031.jpg
    100_0031.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 871
  • 100_0033.jpg
    100_0033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
   / Row Hippers and Cultivator #20  
Travis_R - you scored a real deal on that row hipper - that thing is built like a tank. I hope to build something similar for the Spring, but I doubt it will be as nicely made.
-Jim