Satoh S650G tractor

/ Satoh S650G tractor #11  
That is a very early model ! But it's still not that different from the later models.

The filter is not really a "must replace" item unless it is damaged. It's made of very fine wire mesh (tube shaped), so a good cleaning with a brass bristle brush (or even nylon) will usually suffice. Now you just need to find it! Like I mentioned before, it is on the right side of the reservoir just below the upper lift arms. It looks like a large bolt with a washer "molded" to it. I will try to take a picture of mine and post on here, but it may take a couple days before I havea chance to go do it.

If the seals you need are anything like the seals I've replaced on mine....be prepared for sticker shock! I replaced a brake seal and it cost me $68.:eek: Is there is any way you can get the filter cleaned, top off the reservoir and then quickly try the lift before it leaks out? At least then you would know if it's going to work after you install the seals. If there is more wrong than just clogged filter and low fluid, you are probably looking at some serious money to fix it. An OEM hydraulic pump is $600 for a used one and much more for rebuilt. From what I've read on here, Valley sells a retrofit kit that replaces the OEM pump with a standard off-the-shelf pump, but again you are looking at quite a bit of money.

The solenoid is going to set you back $90 unless you can find a cross-reference to a cheaper version.

Switch assembly....if it works at all, I'd leave it alone unless you are really concerned about it. It may be hard to find and it definitely won't be cheap. The switch on both of my 650s is stubborn, but they work.

Best of luck and keep us posted. I'll work on getting you a picture in the meantime.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Great B/8
I will wait for the pic and then proceed to clean screen,,fill up and try again...In the meantime,,,if anyone has a Seal for the left pick up arm I need one,,,,,Also if anyone has a NICE steering wheel I need one By the way,,,,Does anyone know what YEAR her tractor is by the serial number of....S-650G-001031???????? Still want to find a key switch that has the 5 prong plug in in the back of the switch in a clockwise position where as I can just unplug her wires and plug them back on the NEW switch,,,,thanks again
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #13  
IMG_8436.JPG

This should help you find the filter. Your tractor may have a large valve body (draft control) above the filter, like the one in the next picture.

IMG_8435.JPG

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Ok,,,,ours looks like the TOP pick and I will unscrew the bolt and CLEAN the screen. Where you was pointing to on OURS,,,we have 2 bolts,,one in front of the other,,one bolt being smaller than second bolt so I am assum
ing its the LARGER bolt where the screen is.Now last question Please,,,,Where is the DRAIN plug to COMPLETELY drain the hydraulics and FLUSH it out good while also cleaning screen before I refill with NEW hydraulic fliud??????? Thanks again
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #15  
When you pull the screen, that will drain all the fluid. There is no other drain that I'm aware of for the hydraulic system.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Thanks B/8
That should do it for my girlfriend for now on her tractor. After I get it cleaned and refilled and working,,,,,our next step will be to replace the leaking seal on the one side of the pick up arm and replacing the steering wheel. You guys are the tops. If it werent for ALL your great help,,,,We wouldnt be anywhere with this AWESOME progress. GOD BLESS you all and as always,,,,Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #17  
Devil-Dog said:
Thanks B/8
That should do it for my girlfriend for now on her tractor. After I get it cleaned and refilled and working,,,,,our next step will be to replace the leaking seal on the one side of the pick up arm and replacing the steering wheel. You guys are the tops. If it werent for ALL your great help,,,,We wouldnt be anywhere with this AWESOME progress. GOD BLESS you all and as always,,,,Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

I replaced the seal in the lift arm of a stallion, I took the seal to a business that sells seals and drive belts and bearings, they measured it and had to send for one. The cost was only around $8.00 dollars, it had been leaking for years and I know parts are a nightmare and I just kept putting it off.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Thanks Lucky,,,,will try that BEFORE ordering ORIGINAL seal
In the MEANTIME,,,,Still need a NICE steering wheel thats NOT all cracked or chipped,,,My babys wheel hurts her hands with no power steering and its ALL busted up
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Ok Guys,,,,
Today Saturday July 5th,,,,Im REALLY pulling my hair out.....I tried many attempts to BREAK loose the 21mm BOLT,, with the washer made to the bolt,,, but my 6 point socket keeps slipping off. I know that this is the BOLT that has the FILTER SCREEN behind it but its apparently NEVER been off and it WONT BREAK LOOSE... I am letting it soak overnight full of Diesel fuel in hopes of it maybe loosing up by tomorrow. I did manage to get the drain plug out which HAD a magnetic end on it and OHHHH Myyyyy Godddddd,, you should have seen all the microscopics pieces built up on the magnet. NOW I trully feel if I can get the screen out,,,,and clean it,,,that will PROBABLY fix her lift problem OTHER than the one leaking seal on the LEFT pickup ARM. ANY ideas as to HOW to get this BOLT LOOSE out in the middle of the field and NO air tools or air compressor....Satnding By at ATTENTION till I hear from you guys,,,,LOL
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #20  
When you say slipping off, is it rounding the bolt head or coming off the end when you try to loosen it?
If rounded, I would probably try using a pipe wrench. My experience is that if you are already at the place where doing a little more damage is not an issue, a pipe wrench will bite better than anything else short of breaking out a torch or welder.

If the socket is coming off the end of the bolt head when you put pressure on it, I would first recommend trying a six point box end wrench. I have found that if a bolt head has a really shallow shoulder or is a little sloppy in the socket, the distance between the end of the socket and the handle of the socket wrench is enough that the socket can torque in an uneven plane and twist off the bolt head (if that makes any sense...there's got to be a better way to describe what I mean, but I can't think of it right now). The wrench should stay on the bolt head a little better.