Satoh S650G tractor

/ Satoh S650G tractor #21  
I'll second the pipe wrench idea if the head is rounded. Also, take a hammer and lightly tap the bolt for a few minutes. Just light to moderate tapping will often help a siezed bolt.

You mentioned a drain plug. Where is the drainplug located? If you removed the one on the belly of the tractor, you drained out the 80W-90 gear oil from the transmission. You may already know, but he 650 has a seperate reservoir for the hyraulics and the tranny. Tranny takes 5 gallons of 80W-90 gear oil. Hydraulics use approx. 1 gallon of universal hydraulic fluid.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
B/8...the drain plug I removed is EXACTLY where you pointed in the pic for where the SCREEN Filter was suppose to be.Except when i removed this plug,,it was MAGNATISED on the end of the bolt and had NO screen WHATSOEVER behind the bolt.Just a Magnatized bolt. So,,,I was tring to remove the OTHER bolt in the pic which was a BIGGER bolt in hopes this was where the screen filter is. This bolt is like maybe,,,twice the size of the drain plug for the hydraulics and DIRECTLY in front of the bolt which you showed me in the pic. If this bolt ALSO doesnt have a screen behind it,,,then my conclusion is SOMEONE else who owned the tractor BEFORE us,,,Removed the screen filter and REPLACED the bolt with a magnet on the end of the bolt instead of the screen.

And Kernopelli,,,,Yes I tried a BOXED in wrench as well as a 6 point scocket and YEs its rouned on a point or two on the bolt,,I havent tried a pipe wrench yet but NOW Im not sure this SECOND bolt Im trying to remove is a bolt or not cause directly on the opposite side of the tractor in the SAME EXACT location is another bolt the SAMe EXACT size and it WONT budge either. If you look at B/8 s pic where he is pointing,,,I removed that bolt and all that was there is MAGNATIZED bolt instead of a screen. Now DIRECTLY in front of B/8s finger to the RIGHT of his finger is the NEXT bolt Im trying to remove to see if the screen is there???????
Hope this makes since to Both of you guys and Ill wait to hear from BOTH you guys before I proceed any further...Thanks my New Found tractor friends
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #23  
I am not familiar enough with your tractor to say for certain if that is supposed to be the filter screen location. My Mitsubishi is quite different even though it is a "family" member. Bl8tant does however seem to know quite a bit about this model so I am confident he has given you good information and if a screen isn't there, it is MIA.
This leaves me to think that someone probably has removed the screen and replaced it with the magnet.
I would contact Bill at Valley Power 1-800-609-5110 vppinc@cox.net satohparts.com he is a Satoh expert. Explain the situation and tell him about the post you have made here on TBN ( he is a member here and he may want to look at the thread to better familiarize himself with the situation). He can probably supply a new filter and give any additional help you made need.
Let us know how it all turns out.

/ Satoh S650G tractor #24  
just a hunch here. not familar with your model but the filter screen is normally on the suction of the hydralic pump.this position has to be near the lower portion of the transmission.on my tractor it is in front the rear axle. same side where you remove the bolt.there is a plate secured by bolts.behind that plate is my screen.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Great News & Bad News
Great News is,,,,After flushing out the hydraulics and putting in fresh NEW hydraulic oil AND cleaning the screen,,,,the Arms lifted HIGHER than they EVER did before. Bad news is now that everythings clean,,,Oil is POURING out BOTH seals on BOTH Arms. Guess I need to remove the entire Arm assembly and try to put NEw bushings and new oil seals so oil will stay FULL.

Now on to another problem...Tractor is OVERHEATING so I tried to REMOVE the thermostat housing so as I can take out the thermostat. I removed every single bolt and hose I saw and I still cant get the housing to break the seal and let the water out so i can remove the therostat. On her tractor,,,the Fan and thermostat housing is made together. looks like someone had been in it before me due toa lot of CLEAR silocone arond housing. I even tried to PRY housing loose can cant get it to budge. Dont want to pry to hard in fear of breaking the housing,,,,Any suggestions???
Sincerely
Devil-Dog

Semper-Fi to all my tractor fans who have helped me learn a lot about these Tractors

/ Satoh S650G tractor #26  
I don't think you'll have to remove the hydraulic case to replace those seals. Go to satohparts.com, choose "parts" on the left, scroll down to the 650, then hydraulic case (for a diagram). Looks like you might need 18, 20, 21 and 22 for both sides. Call them before you order to make sure. Bill or Lemuel will help. Looks like for each side you can remove the bolt holding the lift arm on the shaft, pull the lift arm off the splined rockshaft. Remove the three bolts and pull that piece off the side too. Shouldn't be too bad. I did this on my Buck but it's a whole different and smaller tractor.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
thanks Oliver will do that,,,but now need help on breaking the seal on the thermostat housing to remove the thermostat,,,,tractor running hot after only 15 minutes of running

/ Satoh S650G tractor #28  
if you cannot remove the thermostat housing try to put water thru the hose to see if it goes down.if water passes there may not be a thermostat there.the trouble could be the radiator.

/ Satoh S650G tractor #29  
What are the symptoms you are seeing from overheating?.......water spewing out of the radiator, missing, knocking, or just the indicator light coming on? If all you are getting is the indicator light on the tach, then I would confirm overheating. A faulty sending unit can cause the light to come on...as an example, the oil light on mine comes on frequently, so I installed an actual gauge in the sending unit port.....plenty of oil pressure, faulty sending unit.
Just trying to cover the simple things first.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
B/8
After mowing for only 10 or 15 minutes the radiator actually boils over hot and hisses. Didnt do this before so I figured my t-stat must be stuck closed and
Mit when i pour water down the neck leading to the t-stat it fills up the neck and stays full...I have ALL bolts removed from the housing but it JUST wont BUDGE and WONT break the FACTORY seal to let the water out and come off to replace t-stat and clean up. Talked to BILL last night on the phone and he says the Japs used some special stuff when they put this EARLIEST model together and it was a BEAR to remove,,,,Dont want to litterly BEAT the crap out of it and break it,,lol But i have to get it off somehow????? thanks ALL you guys for your Loyal support and help for helping this disabled vet turned farmer try to be a machanic on this OLD tractor. So far with all your advice I have done great BUT,,,,it was only because I had All YOU GUYS help for guidence,,,,,Semper-Fi my new found friends
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog