Schedule for greasing FEL

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #11  
I don't think so... I wish someone from kubota would clear this up... for me, driving down a gravel road counts as the bucket is subjected to movement... LOTS of movement. Yea, I admit that I'm an over greaser... grease is cheap - New pins ain't. :2cents:

I guess I should have been clearer.

IF the loader is ON the tractor, that is considered use. You have to move it to move the tractor.

I am refering to removing the loader completely. Which I do often when mowing, bushhogging, etc.

And after all, the little sticker that says "grease every 10 hours" is on the part that gets detached from the tractor. So you cant even see it when the loader is off.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #12  
10-4 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #13  
I used to grease more frequently than I do now and part of that is my switch to a "stickier" grease. I don't recall the rating of it but it is Deere polyurea grease and is greenish in color. Some sticky polyurea greases do not compatibility mix well with other greases but this one does.
It really is stickier and if I'm a little slow, and usually am not, I feel this grease helps out. I still abide by the 10 hour rule the best I can.

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/...MultiPurpose.htm#_Multi-purpose_SD_polyurea_1

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #14  
I do all my grease fittings at 50HR oil changes. Thats probably overkill but keeps it easy to monitor and keep on schedule.

Chris

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #15  
For pins and bushings I use grease like this not this brand but about the same properties.

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/...cialMultiPurpose.htm#_Special-purpose_HD_moly

It is designed for pins and bushings and from my understanding the molly bonds with the bushings and helps protect them when the grease gets pushed out. It is not recommended for bearings and can shorten their life. I keep 2 different guns and use a normal grease for bearings, u joints and stuff like that. It may seem like a lot of trouble but replacing pins and bushing is not easy or cheap so I feel better doing this.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #16  
For pins and bushings I use grease like this not this brand but about the same properties.

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/...cialMultiPurpose.htm#_Special-purpose_HD_moly

It is designed for pins and bushings and from my understanding the molly bonds with the bushings and helps protect them when the grease gets pushed out. It is not recommended for bearings and can shorten their life. I keep 2 different guns and use a normal grease for bearings, u joints and stuff like that. It may seem like a lot of trouble but replacing pins and bushing is not easy or cheap so I feel better doing this.

You know--good point. I have been researching grease the past few minutes and think I am going to switch to this grease for my loader bushings.
I'll still use the Deere multi-purpose HD lithium complex grease for general use and wheel bearings though. Thank you.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #17  
I've been using Mystic high-temp grease for years. Very good tacky grease.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #18  
You know--good point. I have been researching grease the past few minutes and think I am going to switch to this grease for my loader bushings.
I'll still use the Deere multi-purpose HD lithium complex grease for general use and wheel bearings though. Thank you.

Your welcome. In case you are wondering I use a molly grease sold at the case construction equipment dealer. If you like john Deere product their molly grease looks like a good product I just happen to think of it when I am at the case dealer. They have it setting on the checkout counter. Good sales tactic :thumbsup: and the price is about the same as other brands.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #19  
I do all my grease fittings at 50HR oil changes. Thats probably overkill but keeps it easy to monitor and keep on schedule.

Chris

Are you pulling our legs? :confused:

I don't grease every day like some commercial operators but I probably grease about every 8-10 hours of tractor/FEL use. Maybe a bit less on some of the zerks that require getting under the tractor and a bit more for the FEL and BH.

/ Schedule for greasing FEL #20  
Yeah, I can feel the grease leaving things after the 10 hours or so.
It's so easy to grease and so hard to replace bushings.