Buying Advice SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about?

/ SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about? #31  
I am in Oz (Qld) on 10 acres. I use a Kioti DS3510 and a 5ft Nugget slasher. My slope is less than 15 degrees (less ths 10 degrees) and with damp ground/grass I have to use 4wd (2wd slips too much) on R1 tyres (unloaded). The DS3510 is probably too big for 2.5 acres but the tyres are important. Both of my Kiotis are Euro quick hitch for the 4in1 bucket. The slasher is medium rated and is very useful for sticks, regrowth etc. I would suggest if you go for a slasher to get a hydraulic top link. I mow at about 100mm, tht way I don't pick up small sticks and rocks.
I store all my 3pt accessories on concrete so I have made up wheeled trolleys to store them on, makes it much easier for hooking up. I use a Ferris 400S zero turn for around the house. I like to do it easy.

/ SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about? #32  
Thanks mate, @Opti-Mist also recommended the 3PH quick hitch as well.

Something odd I wonder if you could give some insight on. The FEL and 4-in-1 buckets that come with most of these SCUTS (Kubota included) here in Victoria are not SSQA/Euro Quick Attach, they are Pin On. Once a month, I expect to want to swap the bucket for some forks. The dealers look at me funny when I ask about Quick Attach *and* 4-in-1. Am I missing something here?
You're not missing anything and the Salespeople you've been dealing with certainly don't know their products.

The John Deere product will be "John Deere Quick Attach" (JDQA), which is a simple hook, post & pin system. My 4105 FEL has this system. I run a 4in1 bucket and a fork/hay-spear off of the FEL, both implements are by a separate manufacturer (Fieldquip, a mob out of QLD) and were made to be compliant with the JDQA. Practically ALL implement manufacturers will produce their products with whatever attachment system/dimensions you want, including the basic pin-on.

The SSQA and Euro QA (also known as a Global QA)require each implement to have a welded on metal plate, that corresponds to locking-on latches (SSQA) or singular latch (Global/Euro) on the FEL. IMHO, these systems add undue weight to the FEL and it's lifting ability.

/ SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about? #33  
A couple of thoughts:
My Kubota 4-in-1 Quick Attach bucket is MUCH heavier than the original pin-on bucket that I reinforced to add removable teeth and a removable grapple.
I did not like (could not learn effective operation) of the 4-in-1 and mostly its extra weight and lower capacity.
I cut off the pin-on and welded on a QA plate and converted it to QA. The 4-in-1 is unused for over a year, and I should offer it for sale.

When turning on a 15-degree sidehill, lower everything, watch for dips and bumps, and prepare to pucker.

/ SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about? #34  
Some manufacturers seem to be making a 1/2 size up from the SCUTs. Kubota LX2610HST, Kioti CX2510SE. I'd also consider getting the R14 tires.

Last edited:
   / SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about?
I cut off the pin-on
Thanks for the share. What do you mean you ‘cut off’, why not just unpin it?

And duly noted on the ‘lower everything’ thx

Some manufacturers seem to be making a 1/2 size up from the SCUTs. Kubota LX2610HST, Kioti CX2510SE. I'd also consider getting the R14 tires.

Those both look great and I’m a fan of both brands, Kioti is great value… but… neither of those models are available in Australia.

/ SCUT/CUT for a newbie on 2.5 acre 15d slope, what should I think about? #37  
Thanks for the share. What do you mean you ‘cut off’, why not just unpin it?

And duly noted on the ‘lower everything’ thx
Sorry for the slow reply.

I cut the pin-on attachment method off the BUCKET. I then welded a QA plate to the bucket, converting the bucket from pin-on to Quick Attach.

If I had left the pin-on attachment method on the original bucket, those would have interfered with the QA on the tractor.

Now, Forks, Snowplow, and Bucket exchanges are just a few minutes.

off the BUCKET.

OOhhhh. Ya know, by brain hadn't even considered modifying the bucket itself. I was just thinking about the FEL or the system as a whole. Yeah, I'm new to machinery. Thanks mate.