SCUT's with backhoes

/ SCUT's with backhoes #141  
Way better then a hand shovel for sure and I can see where that would be a handy tool to have.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #142  
I put my HFBH thread back so I/we do not take over this thread so I will be posting anything to do with the harbor freight trencher in my other thread.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #143  
Read through some of this thread and didn't see many posts really related to the original question. I don't have the answer but can provide my experience.

Some 35 years ago, my father and I raised a few cattle and he had an old Ford 45 horse tractor that was used for plowing, cutting, raking, baling etc. It doesn't have a FEL or BH. During that time, I also had an industrial TLB (long gone now) and we also used it on the farm. I realized then how handy a TLB is.

So, fast forward to today. I am planning for retirement, and I own part of Dad's farm along with the old Ford. i went shopping for a smaller tractor that I could use for a variety of stuff. I chose the BX23S because it can mow, has a FEL and BH, and has a 3 PH for smaller attachments, like the tiller I just bought. I knew from prior experience that the small BH will do about 90% of what I actually used the old industrial TLB for. It'll just take longer.

It's kind of interesting since a good friend and I plan on borrowing implements from each other, and I am now careful to choose stuff small enough for a SCUT even though I have enough tractor for larger stuff.

Anyway, for me, I have the SCUT with BH simply because I already have a larger tractor without.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #144  
My neighbor at our 12.7 acre property is giving my wife and I first dibs on 40 acres they plan on selling in 3 years or so and when that happens I will be going from my scut to a cut and definitely getting a backhoe for it, kick myself for not getting a TLB to start with.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #145  
I've had "first dibs" on a neighboring 40 acres for several years now. The price has changed 40% in that time. Up of course. The owner is widowed now. I expect some day for a stranger to drive in and introduce himself as our new neighbor.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #146  
I have nothing against SCUT/CUT backhoes.
I can certainly understand that they have their place, and that they can do work.
I only use a hoe for play type work, and had a 10' hoe for 33 years.
I now have the Kubota L48 with 11' hoe.

There are many jobs (personal) that I could not have done with less than my 10' hoe.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #147  
I've had "first dibs" on a neighboring 40 acres for several years now. The price has changed 40% in that time. Up of course. The owner is widowed now. I expect some day for a stranger to drive in and introduce himself as our new neighbor.

They did ask two other neighbors before they came over and introduced themselves to me, I just happened to be out at the property and they explained one of them just retired and the other had two years left of work, they do not like the other neighbor just like a few others do not care for them either so they ever asked them but anyway they came over we had a good talk and what they want to do is a CFD so they have some other income coming in each month besides retirement, they were not interested in a straight out sale just 10% down and work it out from there.

They have lived out there for 38 years and plan moving closer to town, their home is on a separate 5 acre lot across the road from them is the 40 acres that butts up to my 12.7 acres.

/ SCUT's with backhoes #148  
You too are going to get the knock on your door of the new owner of the 40 introducing himself. :)

/ SCUT's with backhoes #149  
we had a good talk and what they want to do is a CFD so they have some other income coming in each month besides retirement, they were not interested in a straight out sale just 10% down and work it out from there.

Talk is cheap. Get it on paper and Notarized.