Seemed Like Such A Simple Project

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #11  
Harv

Maaayyyyyyttttt

Just chuck in the concrete and it's all over red rover !!!!

If you want to move the pole later, just cut the bloody thing off and "plant" another one.

You are way too keen for me /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #12  
Great story, Harv!!

You've got a lovely daughter.

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #13  
I have been involved with several of those "one hour" jobs aslo, but none as fun as your's looked! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

If I were you I would show that rock who was boss. I would take a hammer drill punch a hole in the rock deep enongh to sit the post and cement it in. The rock, or unexposed mountain is not going anywhere so if you want to remove the pole later just cut it off like Neil said.

Great story, and great pictures.

Randy

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #14  
That's hilarious, Harv./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I'll bet we've all had days like that; just didn't document them so well./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Cute gal, there. And I'll bet she'll forgive you if you NEVER get that tetherball court built.

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #15  
Nah no hammer drill, just good old concrete, nice and wide around the rock. You bewdy !!!!

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #16  
Way to go Harv, yet another fun photo essay. You should have kept working on that rock, I'm sure your daughter would have loved to have a swimming pool instead of a tetherball court /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #17  
I know how you feel about them rocks./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif In the cemetary I dig graves in, I dread having to dig in the one lower section. If you are lucky, you can get 3 to 3 1/2 feet down before you hit rock. Then its chip with the bar, sometimes a sledge hammer and a star drill, and break the rocks up till you get the required depth. As the plots are sold in advance, you can't try to find a softer spot. Usually adds about a third to a half again as much time to get the grave completed./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #18  
Harv,

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to print out this thread so that I can show it to my wife and say - See, it doesn't ONLY happen to me!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing it with us. You've probably started a whole new discussion section that Muhammad should add to the forum. It could be called "Can You Top This?"/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #19  
Ain't it funny how one little hug can make you forget about your aching back?

TBone

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #20  
Harv,

A whole day just to please your daughter!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Haven't we all done that with our kids .... sigh.

A little afterthought though... get yourself a toothbar. It really does make a difference in digging and leveling. I use mine while leveling and it is amazing at how much those teeth can help in removing the rocks, roots and other debris.

Terry