Seemed Like Such A Simple Project

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #21  
Harv,

Go for the concrete. Although digging out rocks can be fun, you do want the tether ball court in before she goes to college? Rock on.

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #22  
Your excavation would make the ground zero boys proud.

Yooperdave

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #23  
Great essay Harv! Something Dave Letterman would call Infotainment. I too will show this to my wife to prove that making a huge crusade out of a small project is common and easy to do!

I'm with the concrete voters. The only difference is instead of cutting it down I just push it over. My junk pile has several poles with big chuncks of concrete bulging at the end. No problem!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #24  
I love it.. "infotainment"

Reminds me of when i got my 30" dirt scoop for my little yanmar tractor... I had some dirt delivered, and I backed that little ( 23hp 17?? lbs ) into the dirt all she would go, raised the 3pt... put it in forward.. pulled out of the dirt.. and then procede to teeter totter for a few seconds untill lowering the 3pt... decided i needed some real weight on the front... though it is not the first time my but has clamped down on the tractor seat.... holding on for life...

Chris

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #26  
Never give up.
Equipment list for return trip:
1 - 3-point auger w/ carbide tipped blade
2 - PTO mounted air compressor & 50 gal tank.
3 - jackhammer & bits
4 - 2 sticks dynamite, caps, & detonator
5 - 3 yards redi-mix
6 - 5 yards beach sand
Show them rocks who's boss
Contact ESPN re scheduling tether ball national championships on your world class court.

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project
Thomas -
<font color=blue>I'm go to put up a flag pole and I live in a granite area..would you be interested</font color=blue>

No!

Neil -
<font color=blue>I bet that's one of those "events" that you wish no-one ever hears about</font color=blue>

When I joined TBN I vowed to share all my tractor exploits, good, bad or ugly.
wink.gif

John -
<font color=blue>you're a persistent guy</font color=blue>

persistant = stubborn = dang fool
crazy.gif

Randy -
<font color=blue>I would show that rock who was boss</font color=blue>

Unfortunately, I did.
frown.gif

Rob -
<font color=blue>your daughter would have loved to have a swimming pool instead</font color=blue>

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Ed -
<font color=blue>In the cemetary I dig graves in</font color=blue>...

There was a point when it crossed my mind to just lay down in the hole and pull the dirt over me. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Garry -
<font color=blue>I'd like to print out this thread so that I can show it to my wife</font color=blue>

I guess that's okay, as long as I never have to look her in the eye myself. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bird -
<font color=blue>I'll bet we've all had days like that</font color=blue>

Yeah? Tell you what -- right about now I'd love to hear about some of them.
crazy.gif

Travis -
<font color=blue>funny how one little hug can make you forget</font color=blue>

Best medicine God ever created. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

Terry -
<font color=blue>get yourself a toothbar</font color=blue>

That's near the very top of my wish list. May have just moved up a notch, too.

Dave -
<font color=blue>your excavation would make the ground zero boys proud.</font color=blue>

Are they putting up a tetherball pole, too? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Charlie -
<font color=blue>Equipment list for return trip:
1 - 3-point auger w/ carbide tipped blade
2 - PTO mounted air compressor & 50 gal tank.
3 - jackhammer & bits
4 - 2 sticks dynamite, caps, & detonator
5 - 3 yards redi-mix
6 - 5 yards beach sand</font color=blue>

Toss in a backhoe and you're on the same page I am. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

All -
<font color=blue>Just chuck in the concrete</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Go for the concrete</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>I'm with the concrete voters.</font color=blue>

Maybe I'll use concrete, huh? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Ironically, one reason I was hesitant to go that route is the fact that I'll have to make the pour on one trip and wait until the next (2 to 4 weeks) before my daughter can use it.
frown.gif

Anybody try that quick-setting ready mix? It exists, doesn't it?

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #28  
<font color=blue> Anybofy try that quick-setting ready mix? It exists, doesn't it? </font color=blue>

Yeah but it still takes a little while (couple of hours) to set properly.

Cheers

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #29  
Harv, I have the same problems over here, a whole 45 miles away/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

This is why the rental places have jack hammers.... For Ian's play yard, we had to set 14 posts. This was before the tractor, so I rented a 2-person auger. Well, that made 5 of the holes. Back to rental place, rent a 60lb Bosch demo hameer and heavy exstention(sp?) cord...

The foothills can be brutal with rocks.

Oh, by the way, it's harder to accidently bury a 3pt pto auger..... Although you can see why you buy the shear bolts by the box/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #30  
I must agree,A very good story./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif