Winches self release snatch block problem

/ self release snatch block problem
I tried the picture. Never did it before. If I fail will try again. Any ideas for a dummy or pseudo slider.?

IMG_0069.JPG

Maybe that worked

/ self release snatch block problem #13  
I have 3/8 cable with standard size sliders. The release arm works freely by hand. The slider usually never gets to the release arm but butts against the pulley and stops. Not pulling anything excessive.

What exactly is your slider jamming against? can you take a picture of it when jammed? I've got two different self-releasing snatch blocks (unfortunately, neither are identical to yours). I've never had a problem with the sliders just jamming against the pulley and stopping,

/ self release snatch block problem #14  
I have the same s/r block, no problems. I may have smaller sliders (for 3/8 max) chain chokers, but you do need to use it with the wheel facing down.

/ self release snatch block problem #15  
As mentioned, rig it up again, and take a picture of it as it's rigged. Maybe that'll show a problem for the guys that use them.

Ok. In a day or two when I am out again I will take a picture. Thanks all.

/ self release snatch block problem #17  
I have the same s/r block, no problems. I may have smaller sliders (for 3/8 max) chain chokers, but you do need to use it with the wheel facing down.
Is that specific to this s/r block or is that for all of them. I have used mine both ways and never had a problem releasing, but maybe I have just been lucky. Always wiling to learn more.

Doug in SW IA

/ self release snatch block problem #18  
Is that specific to this s/r block or is that for all of them. I have used mine both ways and never had a problem releasing, but maybe I have just been lucky. Always wiling to learn more.

Doug in SW IA

Actually in this video made by Igland they clearly show their s/r s/blk set up with the open face up. So there you go - intuitively you would say facing down would be better because the cable would have less chance of fouling coming off the sheave but there is not much for it to catch on if it is facing up. So either way works..

Igland Snatch block with automatic release - YouTube

It will be interesting what Hoobie's problem turns out to be.

gg