Setup for maintaining 5 acres

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #51  
Gosh, I didn't even realize were practictly neighbors. I am sure it will work out great for you. Did you get a FEL ? I see there is a Jinma dealer in State on their web site so I doubt you'll have problems there. Please be sure to remember to post photos and follow ups so we can all know how you like your machine. I am very interested to know how you like it. Dave

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #52  
Well you have paid you money, and made your choice. I wish you the very best of luck. Any problems, let us know, I imagine you can get all the advice you need, and then some. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #53  
I've seen some of those jinma tractors. Fairly impressive considering price. Fit/finish isn't quite up to domestic units.. but then for 1/2 to 2/3 price... I can live with that. After test driving even the bottom of the line economy model.. I wouldn't be at all afraid to own one. Besides parts houses for them are poping up more and more as dealers open up shop.

I too almost ordered a nortrac a few years ago. I was as far as getting the price quote ont he freight with a roll off truck, to my door step for the 25hp 4wd model. That day i ended up getting my NH though.. so i was way close...

good luck!

Soundguy

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #54  
<font color="blue"> I've seen some of those jinma tractors. Fairly impressive considering price. Fit/finish isn't quite up to domestic units.. but then for 1/2 to 2/3 price... I can live with that. </font>

Yeah, those do look like pretty decent tractors for the price. I've gotten a bit of stuff from Northern and they're pretty good, mostly. I'll be interested to see how it all works out - I'm hoping that it goes well /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #55  
I just went up to Google and typed in Cub Cadet, and go up to the top where it says home. It takes you right to MTD. Also list a bunch of other ones that they now own. And from my experience with MTD, in the last few years another way of spelling MTD would be JUNK. So I would guess there is no more a Cub Cadet company as such.

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #56  
Dick, even in 1995, when I bought a Cub Cadet 2130AG (riding mower), it was made by MTD and had a sticker on it saying so, but believe me there was no similarity between it and the MTD brand lawn tractors. Now I don't know a lot about the new Cubs, but I suspect they're pretty darned good machines even if they are owned by MTD. In other words, I think MTD knows how to make good stuff, but they also make some cheap stuff for those who are shopping strictly price.

/ Setup for maintaining 5 acres #57  
Glad that I have a tractor now, and don't have to depend on the Yard Man, by MTD. It's so much faster and and easier, and the Yard Man has had a lot of problems. Yes I would think that the Troy Built one that MTD builds would be pretty good to. I'm sure they can't all be bad.