Shear pin nightmare

/ Shear pin nightmare #41  
I can’t stand blowers, for that reason and because they only work good on light fluffy snow. There’s lots of folks that don’t know no better though. I’d sell that to one of them, while it’s all
Nice and pretty painted and there still half a winter yet so you could still get top buck.

Get yourself one of these for a big cost and aggravation savings:
IMG_3871.jpeg

/ Shear pin nightmare #42  
I can’t stand blowers, for that reason and because they only work good on light fluffy snow. There’s lots of folks that don’t know no better though. I’d sell that to one of them, while it’s all
Nice and pretty painted and there still half a winter yet so you could still get top buck.

View attachment 849070
Nonsense, i use mine to blow snow thats melted snd slid off the roof into a mound. Works just fine. I also blow alot of slush. The trick is to never let blower stop while blowing. The HST tranny is your friend.

/ Shear pin nightmare #43  
Nonsense, i use mine to blow snow thats melted snd slid off the roof into a mound. Works just fine. I also blow alot of slush. The trick is to never let blower stop while blowing. The HST tranny is your friend.
When the snow sheds off the east roof, the ridge of consolidated dripping wet snow is 40 feet long and 5 feet high.
The blower makes short work of it every time. layer by layer, pass by pass, until down to the paver walkway.

/ Shear pin nightmare #44  
My best friend when I was kid on the farm was aluminum shovel
When I told dad I was cold he would hand it to me and say go outside and get warm 😉🤣🚜

/ Shear pin nightmare #45  
My best friend when I was kid on the farm was aluminum shovel
When I told dad I was cold he would hand it to me and say go outside and get warm 😉🤣🚜
I wish I were a kid anymore....

/ Shear pin nightmare #46  

Nonsense!!! See below….an absolute pleasure to use. Even in wet slushy slop. Just throttle up but go easy. 😉

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
   / Shear pin nightmare #47  
If the shear bolt breaks, make sure to always replace it with a same category bolt (grade 8.8). It is necessary to
always maintain this bolt very tight, in order to keep the efficiency of the shearing mechanism

...appears to refer to a metric grade 8.8 bolt. I think that is roughly the same as an SAE grade 5 😬

To Dman above, That’s opposite to what my manual says. Shear bolts are to be tightened snug. However not like a gorilla would, as it would already be primed to break if done like that….
Heres my forty
Years
Of turning wrenches taught me. **** gets loose wears out not everyone has tons of cash to stick into stuff if you do awesome so I fix things make them last another five or so
Since most here are not owner operators so you do little things that keep 'em rolling
I do the same with old loaders and backhoes tighten the bolt will shear that hour leave it loose guy can use it all summer metal fatigues any goofy engineer can tell you that
I'm just a mechanic who has done a lot of things for a lot of years
But bottom line is you get to do with what you want. The experience is free