Shelterlogic garage owners

/ Shelterlogic garage owners
I have had three of these types of buildings. Snow is a significant issue here in MN. The round roof and steep barn style roof, shed heavy snow very well. I placed anchors at every support post as the wind will twist these sheds into unique artistic sculptures. I wish I had thought to put a vapor barrier on the ground (I will have to add one some time this summer). Ventilation and air flow is key. Get the door kit and vents, they are well worth the extra money. If its not too late I would get the sheds with 2 inch pipe and up-grade the fabric covering. My commercial 2 inch pipe shed cover lasted about 10 years. The standard covers last about 3 years. Customer service from Shelter Logic has been exceptional. They replaced a cover that had a two foot section of bad seem on the lower corner. All I had to do was send a picture of the defect.

I was concerned about snow shedding too. So I opted for the round top when ordering. Glad to hear that was the right way to go. It is the 1 5/8" tube frame though. I have to agree that the SL customer service is pretty good. Unfortunately. yhere were a couple pieces in my kit that were the wrong part number, and I called Sunday morning about the problem. I was surprised when someone actually answered the phone, and they took care of the replacement parts without any hassle. I should get the parts mid week to finish the assembly. I am looking forward to getting my machine under cover.

/ Shelterlogic garage owners #12  
I second he anchoring comment. I drove in 4' long fence posts and secured the frame at the base of each pole. Mine is still up, whereas every other has been destroyed within about a 3 mile radius. Not only does the structure get destroyed, but any car or "soft" item inside is easily totaled. Or the structure ends up going through one of your picture windows...

Here is my progress so far.

Attachments

• image-4112196190.jpg
    image-4112196190.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 219
  • image-1570890244.jpg
    image-1570890244.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 256
  • image-84858383.jpg
    image-84858383.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 260
  • image-6815089.jpg
    image-6815089.jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 265
   / Shelterlogic garage owners #14  
Thanks Ken. I am worried about exactly what you described. So the vents took care of your condensation? I am planning to pick up the kit. Hopefully it will keep things dry.

Actually, I didn't get the vent kit. I was about done with my shop addition project and just moved everything over there. The vent would have to be an improvement over the non vented model.

Ken

/ Shelterlogic garage owners #15  
Here is my progress so far.

Looks good! As memory serves me, you'll have to take parts of it apart again when you put the front, back and the cover on. I recall being very frustrated with the person who wrote the directions at this point.

Rustywreck said:
Looks good! As memory serves me, you'll have to take parts of it apart again when you put the front, back and the cover on. I recall being very frustrated with the person who wrote the directions at this point.

Two steps forward. One step back.

/ Shelterlogic garage owners #17  
I also agree, anchor the unit at every upright. I have two, one is along a tree line and is fairly sheltered from the wind. The other is out in the open, on top of a hill. That one was anchored on the corners and every other upright. Last summer we had a thunderstorm come through with winds around 50 mph. It actually pulled the anchors right out of the ground. The new drive type anchors that Shelterlogic has work much better for me than the screw type.

/ Shelterlogic garage owners #19  
We're considering a shelter and have a question for other owners; yes we know the sun is bad but what does the tree sap do...is it like an acid? Looking for a small shelter to place in the woods that will store utility trailers, push mowers etc out of the way.

So basically I don't care about the tree sap as long as I can get 5 years out of the shelter. Thanks.

/ Shelterlogic garage owners #20  
That door setup is great. I cant remember how it was done but in the steam room of a block making plant I worked at the ropes were setup in such a way as the door rolled up against itself as you pulled the string. Maybe check on youtube or google to see if there is an instruction movie available. I know it was just two pulleys and a pipe on the bottom just like your setup.