Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #81  
When your dealer dropped off your tractor, did it have a full tank of gas?

Did you get a hat, or anything else?

Did those decisions change/influence your perception of your dealer?
No and i wasn't expecting anything. It did’t hirt my feelings. It is later when/if I have issues that dealer character is important…

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #82  
In 2013 wanted to buy a (new) cabbed L4740 with dealer added rear remote from a salesman who had previously sold me two lawnmowers, GR1860 & a GR2120. They did not have an L4740 at their store but could trade for one with a dealer in a nearby state if I wasn’t in a hurry for it. Along with the L4740 I “packaged“ a Woods Brush Bull & box blade. Took longer than expected for the tractor to arrive, & when it did salesman called said “ready for pickup”. Drove the 11 miles to dealership & noticed they hadn’t installed the rear remote. Pointed it out to salesman who asked if I could leave it with them. While finalizing paperwork he noted that while he had forgotten to include the cost of an installed rr, he did remember me ordering it. Shop was very busy so he asked if I could wait another week or so. Returned home with my intended trade in & new rotary cutter & bb. Couple weeks later they delivered the 4740 (with installed rr & 1/2 full tank of fuel), also picking up my trade. Went by dealer day or so later to settle up for the rear remote & install cost. Expecting to pay the quoted price of approx $950 I was very surprised & happy when they waived the costs. Pointswise that went a lot further than a full tank.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #83  
Having worked for a dealer and knowing somewhat of the profit made on some of the deals when a customer "I'll take it for $xxx." sometimes not giving the dealer much profit. And yes often buyers would complain about the tank not being full, but in the end they were just voicing an opinion. Most small equipment may not have held much fuel and been cost effective to make the customer happy. But some of the large tractors held 100 gallons or more. Yes often caps were "part of the deal", also good advertising.
That said I would question the profit the dealer is making if he just "throws in" a tank of fuel, caps, and other freebies. It all costs the dealer something, especially now with high fuel prices, but it can also be good advertising, but on the other hand it can be why a local dealer disappears.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?
Maybe I'm reading into a persons actions too much, but for me, when I fuel up a vehicle I fill it all the way up. That's the default action.

So, if a tractor comes with just enough fuel to get it on/off a trailer, I'm left thinking it was a deliberate action/decision by the dealer to only put in the bare minimum needed.

That doesn't sit right with me.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #85  
When my dealer delivered my Kioti, (let's give a shout out to Home John's Tractor Works & Equipment Inc. Vinita, OK (918) 256-5774 in Vinita, OK. I don't want any mistake as to who this review is aimed at) he just couldn't wait to get back in his truck and leave. It was my 1st tractor so I asked him to go over it with me. He took a leisurely 40 or 50 seconds pointing to things as he climbed off from unloading it, jumped in his truck and left. He damned near left skid marks in the driveway! I jumped on the tractor and started to drive it to the back side of the barn and it stalled out. The tank was EMPTY! The tractor literally ran for about 3 minutes before it was out of fuel! This is a small CK35, the tank is a whopping 6-7 gallons, and the SoB John delivered it EMPTY and he knew it, that's why he ran off like his tail was on fire!

To further endear themselves to me Kioti & John both ignored me when I had a problem with it. My ignition switch started jamming after 25 months. It was the old style and they knew this was a problem so they redesigned it (Old switch was $50, new was $100). Kioti told me it was an electrical part and the warranty was up the month before so they would not replace it. They told me I could contact the dealer, he might take care of it. I contacted John's Tractor Works-you-over. I couldn't get an answer from his service people, I had to speak to John himself. After 2 weeks I finally caught him in the office. He didn't remember selling me the tractor, but he'd sell me an ignition switch. He even had one in stock! But if I wasn't buying anything then I should leave. So for about $120, not counting tax, John and Kioti has gotten a lot of bad press.

To answer the other part of your question, I did get a hat when I was in the office purchasing the tractor. That did not make up for it.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #86  
Maybe I'm reading into a persons actions too much, but for me, when I fuel up a vehicle I fill it all the way up. That's the default action.

So, if a tractor comes with just enough fuel to get it on/off a trailer, I'm left thinking it was a deliberate action/decision by the dealer to only put in the bare minimum needed.

That doesn't sit right with me.
This reminds me of college days when I'd borrow a friend's car to move house or something - you didn't just say "thanks", you picked up the trash out of the car (not just yours) and filled it to the top, even if you only drove it ten miles.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #87  
When your dealer dropped off your tractor, did it have a full tank of gas?

Did you get a hat, or anything else?

Did those decisions change/influence your perception of your dealer?
I haven't read all the responses, but I got a hat and a half tank of diesel-about 12-13gallons.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #88  
My friend bought a used Kubota tractor from out of state auction. I gave him a new Kubota hat I had. He didn’t get the reference.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #89  
When I bought my first new car in ’77 I recall the salesman telling a service guy to go put $5.00 worth in it. 😀
Yeh, but in 1977 that would've been nearly 12 gallons of gas !!

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #90  
I like my hat. And wear it a lot. I ran into the dealer manager at the grocery store. I asked him a couple tractor questions. The next time I saw him, he gave me a new hat. Said my older one (that came with the tractor) was looking old and somewhat rough. I thanked him.

I feel like I am lucky to have a good dealer that has a good manager. To that end, I want them to STAY in business. The hat simply advertises for them. Glad to do that.

I suppose if I had a bad dealer, I might wear a green or red hat instead. Ha!