Should I Cover My New Tractor..???

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #31  
Tin Man, it's a tool-keep it safe and clean, and it will take care of you. Don't baby it, after your first scratch/dent you'll be fine.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #32  
Well, those tractors set out in the Dealer's lots for months, sometimes...so I wouldn't worry too much about leaving it outside...for the weather.
However, theft or vandalism is another matter.
As a temporary measure, consider renting or buying a shipping container (like you see on the back of tractor trailers occasionally). One of those would give you adequate room for your tractor and other tools.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..???
SnowRidge said:
10% of value per annum for equipment loss on our farm policy here. Liability is included in the base farm policy. I didn't buy any loss coverage for the tractors. I'm self insured on them.

Homeowners insurance often covers non-commercial and non-farm tractors at no charge. Don't know about renters insurance though.

That's the problem, we sold our old house to build a new one, so we just have renter's insurance which doesn't cover the tractor.

scott_vt said:
Afternoon Pushin_Tin,
Im on board with 3RRL and some of the others, I keep my Massey up at my Uncle Daves' barn when Im not around !Its only about 3/4 mi up the road. Of course I have to haul and split some firewood in rent return, but heck he has an unlimited beer supply !!! ;) He even has a beer frig out in the barn !!! :) Id ask the neighbor, never be too proud son ! ;)

I've decided to ask him, but he wasn't around today so I just drove the tractor into the woods where it isn't visible.

RoyJackson said:
Well, those tractors set out in the Dealer's lots for months, sometimes...so I wouldn't worry too much about leaving it outside...for the weather.
However, theft or vandalism is another matter.
As a temporary measure, consider renting or buying a shipping container (like you see on the back of tractor trailers occasionally). One of those would give you adequate room for your tractor and other tools.

That's a pretty good idea, not sure where to find one of those or how much they are. Off to Google!

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #36  
N80 said:
I have my homeowners (and auto) policy through USAA and they cover the tractor at no additional charge. This covers theft, fire, vandalism and natural disasters (but not flooding). It only covers the tractor for use on my property and does not cover it at all for damages occuring while towing the tractor. There may be some liability coverage but I'm not sure.

USAA would not provide coverage for any of the exceptions listed above at any price. I'm not sure what they are offering to cover for your additional $250, but I'm very curious to know. If they do provide towing coverage and coverage off of your property, in addition to the basic stuff, then $250 isn't bad. But they told me that outside of basic homeowner's coverage that they did not offer 'tractor' insurance. They offered no 'inland marine' coverage and acted like they did not know what it was.

That's interesting, because USAA told me that my tractors were NOT covered...maybe it's because I've got a farm...so I switched my Barns, Tractors and Farm Equipment to Co-operative Insurance Companies

I got the tractor insured today for $250 a year. Still seems really high considering that doesn't include liability coverage.

Here are some pics that we took yesterday of the the tractor being delivered and the land where the house will be built.

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 222
  • delivery1.jpg
    delivery1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 188
  • etractor.jpg
    etractor.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 206
  • octland.jpg
    octland.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 194
  • octland1.jpg
    octland1.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 201
   / Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #38  
If you financed your tractor through Deere, they offer affordable insurance. I'm paying about $110 year for my 3320. I bet it is alot easier to hide a Deere in the woods than any other color tractor. JC

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #39  
Pushing_Tin said:
I got the tractor insured today for $250 a year. Still seems really high considering that doesn't include liability coverage.

Here are some pics that we took yesterday of the the tractor being delivered and the land where the house will be built.
If it was more 10% of the value, it is high.

Did you buy a box blade or rotary mower? You need something heavy on the rear to counterbalance the weight of a full FEL.

So, where is your property located in reference to Eugene?

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #40  
Just curious.....has anyone had condensation/moisture problems when using the temporary buildings (i.e. shelter logic)?