Should I Cover My New Tractor..???

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #41  
I've had no moisture problems with my "costco carport". Probably helps that one side of it has about a 6" gap from the side to the ground for air to circulate.

- Jay

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #42  
PaulChristenson said:
That's interesting, because USAA told me that my tractors were NOT covered...maybe it's because I've got a farm...

That would be my guess. They do not do insurance on commercial farm equipment.

As for moisture under tarps and tarp garages....well, it would be pretty hard to find any moisture anywhere in these parts.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..???
RollTideRam said:
If you financed your tractor through Deere, they offer affordable insurance. I'm paying about $110 year for my 3320. I bet it is alot easier to hide a Deere in the woods than any other color tractor. JC

You're exactly right! You could barely see it, except for the giant reflective triangle on the back, so I took it off today.

SnowRidge said:
If it was more 10% of the value, it is high.

Did you buy a box blade or rotary mower? You need something heavy on the rear to counterbalance the weight of a full FEL.

So, where is your property located in reference to Eugene?

The property is about 12 miles west of Eugene on 126 about 45 minutes from the beach. If you know the area it's in the Veneta/Elmira area where the country fair is every year.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #45  
I use a tarp, I dont have room in the shed, and the seat doesnt tilt. keeps the seat dry anyway.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #46  
Tin.... interesting about how your trying to hide the tractor and all and then just give information regarding the location of it over the net....... most likely harmless... but counterproductive to the thread. I don't mean to bash you... but I don't know how to say it nicer.

Interesting thread though and a good read.... When I got my tractor I was told by my homeowners covered it like others have said (I should see this in writing though). My comment to you is.... when I (we) built our house we got builders insurance (not sure if this is really what it was called) on the property to insure the property and the partially completed house; equipment, tools and materials. It also covered personal injury liability if someone got hurt. This insurance was about 30-40 bucks a month about 3 years ago. I was actually required to have this by my bank whom lent us the money to build. BTW... we built it ourselves... maybe if you are using a contractor they carry the insurance? I dunno.

Jake

jacobweaver32 said:
Tin.... interesting about how your trying to hide the tractor and all and then just give information regarding the location of it over the net....... most likely harmless... but counterproductive to the thread. I don't mean to bash you... but I don't know how to say it nicer.

Interesting thread though and a good read.... When I got my tractor I was told by my homeowners covered it like others have said (I should see this in writing though). My comment to you is.... when I (we) built our house we got builders insurance (not sure if this is really what it was called) on the property to insure the property and the partially completed house; equipment, tools and materials. It also covered personal injury liability if someone got hurt. This insurance was about 30-40 bucks a month about 3 years ago. I was actually required to have this by my bank whom lent us the money to build. BTW... we built it ourselves... maybe if you are using a contractor they carry the insurance? I dunno.

Jake

Jake, I'm not worried at all. There are hundreds of tractors out in that area, as it's very rural and many them are visible from the road. Mine is not. It's insured and secured to a large oak tree. That's all I can do so what will be will be. Since we haven't poured the foundation and nothing will be delivered for a month or so I don't have buidling insurance yet. When I do I will double check to see if the tractor is also covered.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #48  
For a cover try using a material call sunbrella.

Sunbrella

It breathes and keeps the water out.

It's used on boats and my boat it completely covered and bone dry.
Any good marina has a place that makes boat covers should have it.
They may even have an old boat cover you can take.

I love the fuse idea.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #49  
mswlogo said:
For a cover try using a material call sunbrella.

Sunbrella

It breathes and keeps the water out.

It's used on boats and my boat it completely covered and bone dry.
Any good marina has a place that makes boat covers should have it.
They may even have an old boat cover you can take.

I love the fuse idea.
In the past, I used to purchase Sunbrella by the half bolt. It's been awhile, so just for grins, I looked up the current per yard price. It's around $25 for the standard 60" width.

Like other acrylic fabrics, it chafes real easy and will rapidly gain a hole if a piece of it rubs on something while it flaps in the wind. Its real claim to fame, and the reason that it is so popular in boating circles, is its fade resistance, which is exceptional.

I still have a bunch of it.

/ Should I Cover My New Tractor..??? #50  
I covered mine last winter I just made sure air could get under tarp use gallon jugs and rope to secure tarp mine in northern Michigian wher there is lots of snow I had no problem with mice I pulled battery for winter. we do'nt go up there in winter to darn cold. to much snow property is 3 miles from Lake Michigian . waiting for pole barn to be built this year its a pain to get building permit up there it's has to be a special permit for some reason. I got 43 acres barn will be built in the middle can't be seen from road