Should I cover or not

/ Should I cover or not #22  
I'd add that stuffing a rag in the air intake as well as the exhaust pipe also is good. The idea is to reduce air flowing in and out of the engine interior and leaving condensation. For the same reason, it's best to leave single cylinder engines on a compression stroke so both valves are closed. Also, it's better to remove the battery. It will freeze if it becomes discharged. Most batteries probably would survive a freeze. However, the risk is deciding to start the engine, finding a dead battery and putting on a charger without knowing the battery is frozen.

I believe that starting and running an engine once a month is better than storing one. It seems sort of strange to start a hand snow blower during the summer and a riding mower in the winter, but I do it.

/ Should I cover or not #23  
11/22

Hey folks, I remembered reading some expert babbling /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif on this subject a while back so I found it again for your reading pleasure:

http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/b1173-w.html

This article covers the economics of farm buildings, including the benefits of storing equipment inside. Read it and /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif or /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, depending on whether you store outside or in.

[Harv, if you will post that crying thingy as a picture, the rest of us can reference it or maybe Muhmd will add it to the smilycon database /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif].

J