Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #1  

RidgeHiker

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010 with KL5510 Loader & 72" Bucket. Kawasaki Mule Pro MX SE with 66" snow plow.
Got my fuel containers confused and put 2 oz. of Sta-Bil Fuel Stabilizer for gasoline into my diesel container. Probably no big deal but would rather get rid of the diesel than take a chance of any harm to my tractor. Am I being overly concerned? Obsessing again (LOL)?

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #2  
Keep it and add a little to your good fuel over time.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #3  
While I doubt your (wrong) stabil would hurt your tractor, Industrials idea of diluting it even more as he suggested sounds like a good idea.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #5  
really

2 oz?

Means nothing...

That's about as much as a Massachusetts politician is native blood.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?
really

2 oz?

Means nothing...

2 oz was the amount called for with 5 gallons of gas so must be somewhat potent....

Like the idea of diluting it.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #7  
2 oz was the amount called for with 5 gallons of gas so must be somewhat potent....

Like the idea of diluting it.

The dilution can set your mind at ease, and all for the loss of zero money.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?
I think you hit it K0ua, more about my mind than the tractor! Those minds can be such a hassle....

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #9  
You could contact the people at Sta-Bil to see if it could possibly cause a problem - my money would be on "no". I'd burn it in my tractor as is. If it makes you feel better, by all means dilute it but you are likely going to the extra trouble simply to ease your mind, not to avert a real problem. The stuff is made to burn after all.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #10  
Read the MSDS

Make up your own mind.