Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #21  
I'd say there's no problem with using it.

Ralph

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #23  
Think of all the third world countries where they burn anything they can get in their diesels...... Your fuel is still pristine by those standards....

Dale

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #24  
Think of all the third world countries where they burn anything they can get in their diesels...... Your fuel is still pristine by those standards....

Dale
I've often wondered if I should put my used motor oil out of my tractor into the fuel tank. Maybe 1qt per each 5 gallon tank full.

I know over the road trucks used to dump all their waste oil into the fuel tank. Their tanks are ALOT bigger

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #25  
I've often wondered if I should put my used motor oil out of my tractor into the fuel tank. Maybe 1qt per each 5 gallon tank full.

I know over the road trucks used to dump all their waste oil into the fuel tank. Their tanks are ALOT bigger

I would never do that. Hate to screw up the diesel pump or injectors$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to use something that is basically contaminated and worthless.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #26  

Systems have changed a lot, and aren't as tolerant as they were.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #27  
The MSDS says >60% is "isoparaffins petroleum hydrotreated HFP" with a CAS number of 64742-47-8. STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer MSDS | MsdsDigital.com | Search our SDS online database free | Material Safety Data Sheet

LPA(R) 142, 17, 21 Solvents | CAS No. 64742-47-8 | Medium and High Flash Point Solvents - SPS | Solvents & Petroleum Service, Inc. mentions "naphthenics" a lot making me think good old 64742-47-8 contains a lot of naphtha which is a component of gasoline. So Sta-Bil's magic seems to be that it replenishes naphtha, which evaporates.

Diesel contains about 25% aromatic hydrocarbons (including naphthalenes and alkylbenzenes).

So it would be my guess that adding another naphtha at 1:320 won't make a bit of difference.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #28  
Still, all of the above are good things to know. :D

I would do as somebody else suggested, and contact Stabil. They know more about their product than anybody.

Anyone smart that answers the phone there will say “ not recommended “. Even if they know it is safe they won’t risk the liability if something else other than their product damages the tractor.

I agree with others. Dilute it for your own piece of mind.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?
If I have time tomorrow I will call Sta-Bil just to see what they say.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #30  
You might want to buy some extra fuel before the price jumps!