Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #11  
Yes you are being overly concerned. Diesel engines aren't nearly as picky about fuel as are gasoline engines. That minute amount of Stabil won't have any effect, noticeable or unnoticeable .

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel?
Read the MSDS

Make up your own mind.

I read the MSDS and am now clear that I should not drink, bathe in, or use Sta-Bil as an eye wash. Also should not put it in a fish tank but did not say much about a tractor.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #13  
I read the MSDS and am now clear that I should not drink, bathe in, or use Sta-Bil as an eye wash. Also should not put it in a fish tank but did not say much about a tractor.

Still, all of the above are good things to know. :D

I would do as somebody else suggested, and contact Stabil. They know more about their product than anybody.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #14  
Questionable diesel always good for start burn piles.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #15  
I found a bottle that was quite a few years old and it stated gas or diesel. The new ones state gas only. I also fund this with a search.

Q: I thought Regular (Red) STA-BILョ worked in Diesel Fuel, how is Diesel Formula STA-BILョ better?
A: Regulatory actions taken by the EPA over the last few years have resulted in diesel fuel reformulations (reduction of sulfur content), creating a need for more, specialized diesel-specific additives that add needed lubricity agents back to the fuel, and to help protect against corrosion and the breakdown of fuel caused by thermal oxidation (heating of the fuel as it re-circulates through the system). In addition, Regular STA-BILョ contains a red dye, which can lead to potential legal issues if used in On-Road Diesel fuel, as Off-Road Diesel is purposely dyed red for tax subsidy purposes.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #16  
I mix contaminated diesel with old oil for brush fires.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #17  
It may be snake oil even for gas, so I doubt it will have a negative effect on diesel.

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #19  
It may be snake oil even for gas, so I doubt it will have a negative effect on diesel.

"No actual snakes were harmed in the production of this product." :)

/ Should I Dump Almost 5 Gallons of Diesel? #20  
Time. I wouldn't leave that 5gal on the shelf for 18 months, then use it (not saying that's your plan OP....).

20 years ago, IMO it was easier for stabilizers to cross over (gas/diesel). Today, gasoline has high ethanol content to contend with; with pump diesel, high bio content is a concern.

With a high burn rate (bush-hogging all day), I'd probably just throw the 5 gal in. With light/only occasional use, I'd take the suggestion to dilute with another source here and there.

Rgds, D.