Side by side UTV's

/ Side by side UTV's #11  
I have a Kubota 500 and I like it, it's my work vehicle... If I was buying another S&S with a bit more speed in mind, my first choice by far would be a Yamaha...

SR

/ Side by side UTV's #12  
I bought a 550 JD last year, top speed of 28 MPH, works great for when i don't need the tractor for hauling saws, checking fences, etc.
This is a XUV model, looks sporty as all get out, nice suspension, disc brakes & it is only 52" wide, which means you could load it in a pickup truck.
This was a DEMO unit with 60 hours on it, saved money that way, check your dealers & see if they have any DEMO unit's.
Agree with the loud factor, thankfully, i'm not just driving around all the time.

/ Side by side UTV's #13  
Just bought a 2017 MuleProFX EPS LE and added the windshield... First mule was 2005 and was a great product. Time for a new model and this new one is freakin' fantastic... :)

/ Side by side UTV's #14  
We have a Mule 610, Mule 4010 Trans, Kubota rtv900, and a Diahatsu Hijet. The 610 is not much bigger that a regular quad which is very nimble a little underpowered if you have hills and two people on board. The 4010 carries 4 people easily has a good ride and is nice. Ours is a diesel. It has good power but is very noisy. The Kubota is basicly a little tractor with a bed and extra seat. great for work not so much for just running around. The Hijet is a mini truck 4x4 with a jumbo cab. It has a closed cab with a heater and wipers. a little smaller than the 4010. You can get one for about the same price as the 610 by the time you add a top and windshield. Sure is nice on rainy winter days. What ever you get in Wisconsin a top and windshield will be a must. We got the 610 and the Hijet for the same reason you are changing. Good decision.

/ Side by side UTV's #15  
I have an older Polaris Ranger 500. Choose it because it had the most ground clearance, inportant on my rockey trails. I've abused it in about every way possible and it just keeps on going. Newer ones have power stearing which is a nice feature for us old buggers.

Last edited:
   / Side by side UTV's #16  
I have a 2007 Yamaha Rhino 450. Top speed is about 37 mph. It has been a great machine and have only had to buy a new battery for it. It has a dump bed and is a work horse for our 45 acres. I can't say enough good things about it. That said, my next one will have a bit more power. It would be ok to take the wife for a ride on the trails but I could not keep up with my friends who have RZR's. The 570 Polaris RZR is a good machine with good power (who wouldn't like a 1000 though?). Same boat as you, not sure what I'm going to do yet.

When you do get a new one be sure to drive it, via the trails, down to our bar in Millston! The Buck Stops Here saloon and grill. A good ride and a great place to take the little lady for a burger.

/ Side by side UTV's #17  
It's been a few years since I bought my TransMule 4010, but will offer that it really makes a huge difference going and seeing them in person. I wanted to have an open mind before buying, but really didn't want to buy brand new, or something very fancy. A golf cart was really my first choice, but the more I looked, the more I saw in the differences between them, and how some where easy to get in and out of, others where a little tougher, I narrowed it down to just a few fairly quickly. One of the important considerations for me was ease of operating for my elderly parents, but I also wanted kids to be able to drive it, and friends that come over.

The final thing that really made the decision for me was the financing. They all had it and when you figure out the monthly payment over five years, it became obvious to me that I needed to get the one I liked the best and not worry about price too much. My Mule was $80 a month. I paid it off in two years by paying more each month, but knowing that it was only $80, made it pretty easy to live with the price of buying it.

Now that I've had it a few years, I wouldn't be without it. It's like having a FEL on a tractor. It's used for so many other things then what I thought it would be used for.

/ Side by side UTV's
I have a 2007 Yamaha Rhino 450. Top speed is about 37 mph. It has been a great machine and have only had to buy a new battery for it. It has a dump bed and is a work horse for our 45 acres. I can't say enough good things about it. That said, my next one will have a bit more power. It would be ok to take the wife for a ride on the trails but I could not keep up with my friends who have RZR's. The 570 Polaris RZR is a good machine with good power (who wouldn't like a 1000 though?). Same boat as you, not sure what I'm going to do yet.

When you do get a new one be sure to drive it, via the trails, down to our bar in Millston! The Buck Stops Here saloon and grill. A good ride and a great place to take the little lady for a burger.
Millston is not far away. Btw, they completed the tunnel under hwy 54 in BRF. North trails will now connect to the south trails.

/ Side by side UTV's #19  
Check this: Side by Side Utility Vehicles - Intimidator 4x4 UTVs

Classic
classicCo.png

Crew Cab
crewCo.png

Truck
truckCo.png

/ Side by side UTV's #20  
I have been looking too and about the best deal I can find out there is the Kawasaki Mule.