Skid plate

/ Skid plate #101  
When all else fails, look up the original drawing! Ignore my comments about 30 degrees as that is the bend in the skid plate and not relevant to the attachment point. So, here is the drawing that we used to fabricate the skid plate for the loader hydraulics area. As Murph noted, the drawing Bob posted showed a 22 degree angle for the attachment point angle iron. When he tried that it did not fit. A 15 degree angle for that piece did work. As noted earlier, for my early DK40 (2007), the angle would be zero degrees as the FEL support frame runs directly front to back rather than being angled as it is today.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/261660d1334946360-skid-plate-scan0002.jpg

/ Skid plate #102  
When all else fails, look up the original drawing! Ignore my comments about 30 degrees as that is the bend in the skid plate and not relevant to the attachment point. So, here is the drawing that we used to fabricate the skid plate for the loader hydraulics area. As Murph noted, the drawing Bob posted showed a 22 degree angle for the attachment point angle iron. When he tried that it did not fit. A 15 degree angle for that piece did work. As noted earlier, for my early DK40 (2007), the angle would be zero degrees as the FEL support frame runs directly front to back rather than being angled as it is today.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/261660d1334946360-skid-plate-scan0002.jpg

IT, I asked cause I have that extra one you made and don't know what to do with it. You want I send it back.

/ Skid plate #103  
I looked back further in the thread and found pics of the angles you're referring to. I think they are on page 2, in addition to the drawings Bob42 showed on post 62.
I will measure mine when I find time and report back.

No CM, They are not on page 2. Some photo's are on page 2 but no drawings. They are on page 62 like I told you.

/ Skid plate #104  
IT, I asked cause I have that extra one you made and don't know what to do with it. You want I send it back.

No, mine is flat and I need to make measurements and just fabricate another one. Please do pass on the 22 degree version to whomever wants it. Remind them they'll need to grind off that stupid extra welding I did on the angle iron contact point though. Ten minutes with a grinder ought to do it.

/ Skid plate #105  
No, mine is flat and I need to make measurements and just fabricate another one. Please do pass on the 22 degree version to whomever wants it. Remind them they'll need to grind off that stupid extra welding I did on the angle iron contact point though. Ten minutes with a grinder ought to do it.

It seems a little hard to pass it along.

/ Skid plate #107  
Murphy and IT, I've looked at the drawings Bob did on post #62 AND I've looked at the pics in post #16 on page #2. The first three pics on post #16 show where the 22 or 15 or whatever degree the attachment piece would be at as a result of the bend, or not in the frame piece in that area in question.
I was having trouble understanding where you were looking for the measurement to take place until I compared the pics to the drawing(s).
Now that I'm orientated to the area I'll give you my measurement angle ASAP. OK?

/ Skid plate #108  
Hey Murph,

I measured and got around 12-15 degrees max. on my frame. Does that help?
Are you wanting to toss me the 'extra' plate for shipping costs, or something like that, I'm wondering?

/ Skid plate #109  
Coyote machine said:
Hey Murph,

I measured and got around 12-15 degrees max. on my frame. Does that help?
Are you wanting to toss me the 'extra' plate for shipping costs, or something like that, I'm wondering?

The extra plate was welded with a 22 degree angle based on Bob's CAD drawings. That is why it didn't fit Murph's tractor as I recall. He can confirm. I'm afraid the extra one is destined for the scrap pile.

/ Skid plate #110  
The extra plate was welded with a 22 degree angle based on Bob's CAD drawings. That is why it didn't fit Murph's tractor as I recall. He can confirm. I'm afraid the extra one is destined for the scrap pile.

Yeppers, its a 22% allright.To the scrap pile it goes.