Buying Advice Small Tractor For Snow Removal?

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #1  

MDOGG

Tractor
John Deere
Hello all. I am looking for a small tractor to do residential snow clearing. Some of these drives are small others are quite large. I have done lawn care for a while and customers are always asking about snow so I have a few lined up for this winter.

I am looking for something that I will be able to park in my garage (84 inch clearance). Really want something with a cab and something that I could possibly mow lawns with as well. (although the FEL would be useful for top soil and mulch jobs).

I am seriously considering the Kioti CK2510. There is one in my area with FEL and Cab for $21,900 Canadian plus tax. I would still need a blower. I am leaning towards rear blower because I read they are more powerful then the front mounted?

Would a tractor of that size be powerful enough to do large drives or would you want something bigger?

What would you experts recommend?

I have a Kubota Dealer 8 kms from where I live, next closest is JD, then Kioti, and New Holland.

I would also purchase used if I could find it but there seems to be a limited market. How many hours do these tractors usually go for?

Thanks looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say. :thumbsup:

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #2  
Would a tractor of that size be powerful enough to do large drives or would you want something bigger?

define large.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal?
Largest would probably be 300 ft long by 50 wide. I should get out and measure them.

Okay maybe more like 200 feet. by 50

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #4  
I'm not an expert, but here's my opinion.

The tractor you're looking at would do the job, physically, but with driveways the size of small parking lots, I don't think I want to use it for commercial use. It would take too long to be profitable for you and would probably not please the customers, especially if you have several who all want/need it done quickly.

You don't mention a plow on the front. That would be more effective, commercially, than a blower.

My opinion, for whatever it's worth.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #5  
Ah- questions abound. Private use, or commercial? You only specify Thornton, but where is that? We ask because do you anticipate multiple heavy snows every winter- 180" total, or irregular snowfalls of 4-10"?? Unless you have one heavy snow after another, I would think a plow would be quicker and simpler.

(Opps- in re-reading, I see that he did say "customers"...)

Last edited:
   / Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #6  
I would consider anything under 40hp and HST.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #7  
Ah- questions abound. Private use, or commercial? You only specify Thornton, but where is that? We ask because do you anticipate multiple heavy snows every winter- 180" total, or irregular snowfalls of 4-10"?? Unless you have one heavy snow after another, I would think a plow would be quicker and simpler.

"Hello all. I am looking for a small tractor to do residential snow clearing. Some of these drives are small others are quite large."

Sounds like commercial. That's why I answered as I did.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #8  
Another thing to consider with a blower if you pick anything up it is going to throw it. I put a softball size stone thru mine a few years ago and it threw it about 50 yards.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #9  
A pick up truck is faster and probably cheaper.