Buying Advice Small Tractor For Snow Removal?

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #21  
One big disadvantage with the rear blower, however, is that you can get a sore neck from looking backward all the time. Check out some of the discussions on TBN, because the solution for many is to get a rearview camera or a mirror.
Many of our nothern cousins are using pull type blowers [youtube for inverted snow blower] for driveway clearing.
Most of those are on full-sized utility tractors because they want the road speed and wider blower width.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal?
Well, the BX25 is 85.4" tall with the ROPS up, so you would have to lower the ROPS to get it in to your garage.

Thanks Check. A lot to consider. I feel better that these smaller tractors will be able to move snow. A couple people I have talked to have said oh well you wouldn't want anything smaller than 40hp.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #24  
The rule 'you can never buy too big' seems to really apply perfectly for snow. The elements can occasionally overwhelm the 'best' set up and leave plow trucks pretty well useless. Last winter snowblowers and massive dedicated FEL's were all that could open folks up once drifts got big. At 84" you leave a pretty small unit with a cab, which you'd want for a dedicated snow remover. You can do a lot with a little or big tractor, but not as fast as a plow truck can.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #25  
Best thing would be to rent a BX25 from Home Depot in Barrie for a day and try it out. Kubota made it to be real tough - for example, the Backhoe is frame mounted (unlike the Kioti which you mentioned). In any case, they will all blow the snow, and it is just a matter of the width of the blower. If you want to make fewer passes, you need a wider blower, but then you need a bigger tractor, which costs more money, and so does the wider blower... If you live close to your customers, you can keep ahead of the snow and do most of it with the low, and then use the FEL and blower when the piles get really high at the side of the driveway.

Very true about the size. What tractor would you recommend.

I didn't know you could rent one at Home Depot. Cool. I would also consider the Kubota 3030. I like the Kioti a lot mainly because of the price. They seem well built too.

I want to spend 25k max. I really need to get out to the dealers this weekend and take a look.