Buying Advice Small Tractor For Snow Removal?

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #31  
I would wonder if there is any small tractor with a cab that will go through a 7 foot garage door.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #33  
I feel better that these smaller tractors will be able to move snow.

They'll move snow alright, just slower than a larger one.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #34  
And for commercial use, it's a much better option... SR
A jeep would be much more maneuverable than a truck.
Even a cheap geo tracker 4x4 with plow.
Any 4x4 scut w/ tire chains & plow would work too

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #35  

Yup. Looks like it will. However, they do not seem to sell that particular model new anymore.

Another question is, will you have use for a backhoe? If not then you could get a tractor without it, and save a lot of money. The BX25 comes standard with a backhoe, so I don't believe you have the option of eliminating it.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #36  
Looked at Tractordata, and the height they give is for the backhoe- not a cabbed tractor, so I would double check that. And sometimes, an approach to a garage door is sloped to drain, making the tractor's actual height a bit more when it runs in. I learned that the hard way, but with a barn door, not a nice garage. 84" isn't always 84", in other words.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #37  
Looked at Tractordata, and the height they give is for the backhoe- not a cabbed tractor, so I would double check that. And sometimes, an approach to a garage door is sloped to drain, making the tractor's actual height a bit more when it runs in. I learned that the hard way, but with a barn door, not a nice garage. 84" isn't always 84", in other words.

Same problem with, say, a new Kubota B2650HST. With the cab, it's 84 1/2" high, but with just the ROPS it is only 78" high. Also, it lists at $19,265 without the cab, but a whopping $29,332 with the cab! (I don't bother with a cab myself - I just bundle up, and I do my tractoring just South of Algonquin Park.) Maybe you could check out some aftermarket cabs?

Note as well that these prices are without FEL or blower, which would add another $5k or so, for a total of maybe $24k - $25k before tax. However, MSRP is of course not what you will likely have to pay, so go out and negotiate if you want one of them, and remember there is a 0% financing deal on right now as well. And don't forget to check out the cost of a plow, since the B2650 has a nice quick attach mechanism for the FEL.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #38  
Same problem with, say, a new Kubota B2650HST. With the cab, it's 84 1/2" high, but with just the ROPS it is only 78" high. Also, it lists at $19,265 without the cab, but a whopping $29,332 with the cab! (I don't bother with a cab myself - I just bundle up, and I do my tractoring just South of Algonquin Park.) Maybe you could check out some aftermarket cabs?

Note as well that these prices are without FEL or blower, which would add another $5k or so, for a total of maybe $24k - $25k before tax. However, MSRP is of course not what you will likely have to pay, so go out and negotiate if you want one of them, and remember there is a 0% financing deal on right now as well. And don't forget to check out the cost of a plow, since the B2650 has a nice quick attach mechanism for the FEL.

just out of curiosity, I called up Church Farm Supplies in Innisfill, and they gave me a price of $23k OTD (including taxes) for the tractor and FEL - nice discount! Then, if you add about $2k for the rear blower (B2789, I believe), you will be very close to your $25k.

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #39  
I want to spend 25k max. I really need to get out to the dealers this weekend and take a look.

The dealer for Kubota is Churchs and for NH and Mahindra Richards and Kioti would be Beards on the Horseshoe Valley road and JD either Huron in Stayner or Premier in Alliston. As you will get more snow than I will up by Orillia in the winter as Barrie and surrounding area seems to get more .

/ Small Tractor For Snow Removal? #40  
So what type of machine would you recommend?

No ATV unfortunately. I will keep what you said about debris and blowers in mind. If I had the FEL maybe I could scrape it down a bit with that although that probably not ideal?
In these parts the contractors would often tow a Bobcat to each job.

200x50, that sounds like larger front-end loader.