Buying Advice Small tractor needed for mowing help needed

/ Small tractor needed for mowing help needed #31  
I hate to be a downer, but "iffy" conditions/terrain is no place to learn to operate a tractor, it is just too easy to get hurt and/or damage equipment.

If you decide to go ahead, walk the area first and go slow, very slow. As to dropping the FEL if it starts to slip, in theory it can help, but you may not have time. Do a search of threads put up by NEBRASKASPARKS on slopes/rollover/safety and do some reading on reaction times and such.

I have been operating tractors for a lot of years and always take time to acclimate myself to a new tractor/implements before working up to more challenging tasks.

Good luck.

/ Small tractor needed for mowing help needed
Hi TripleR don't worry I understand what your saying. The drive is not flat but then its not some big drop off with waves crashing at the bottom. I was going to walk it like you said so I can understand what I will face. I know there is a slit trench for drainage but we are talking 20" wide and maybe the same deep. What i am worried about is more of large rocks the size of your head in the long grass. So that's why i was going to drive with the bucket down but was not sure if that the best advise with a brush hog at the back trying to make sure both devices as not grounding.

/ Small tractor needed for mowing help needed #33  
Hi TripleR don't worry I understand what your saying. The drive is not flat but then its not some big drop off with waves crashing at the bottom. I was going to walk it like you said so I can understand what I will face. I know there is a slit trench for drainage but we are talking 20" wide and maybe the same deep. What i am worried about is more of large rocks the size of your head in the long grass. So that's why i was going to drive with the bucket down but was not sure if that the best advise with a brush hog at the back trying to make sure both devices as not grounding.

I often use this technique when mowing and it has saved my tractor and cutter on more than one occasion. I hit a big stump with the bucket on our new then M8540. If I had not had the FEL on I surely would have torn something up.

You should be OK, I drive pretty slow with the bucket pretty low and angled up so any shock will be minimized and the bucket will tend to ride up giving me time to stop.

Enjoy your new tractor.

/ Small tractor needed for mowing help needed
Well as it rained last night and as I did not get much sleep either I did not do any bush hogging so worked on cleaning the fence rows will get to play on the tractor later this week