Small tractor or ATV and mower?

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #11  
One more vote for the tractor. I was goingto save money and do the same route. I bought a swisher rough cut mower to go behind my 99 honda foreman 450. Well, their idea of rough cut vs. my idea of rough cut is not the same. I ended up spending more time working on the mower than using it - not good. Also, consider a side by side rather than a ATV - much mor ehandy having a bed and haul more than 1 person in comfort.

D.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #12  
One more vote for the tractor. I was goingto save money and do the same route. I bought a swisher rough cut mower to go behind my 99 honda foreman 450. Well, their idea of rough cut vs. my idea of rough cut is not the same. I ended up spending more time working on the mower than using it - not good. Also, consider a side by side rather than a ATV - much mor ehandy having a bed and haul more than 1 person in comfort.

D.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #13  
Me and my brother-in-law bought land at about the same time. He had an ATV and I had a compact Kubota. He called on me quite often and I never found a need for his ATV. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #14  
Me and my brother-in-law bought land at about the same time. He had an ATV and I had a compact Kubota. He called on me quite often and I never found a need for his ATV. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However, for mowing and light hauling I am thinking I might get by with an ATV and a rough cut tow behind mower. )</font>

ATVs are fun to ride for recreation - if you want to do that, go the ATV/mower route. If you have no desire to ride ATVs as a hobby, then buy a tractor.

Jay

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However, for mowing and light hauling I am thinking I might get by with an ATV and a rough cut tow behind mower. )</font>

ATVs are fun to ride for recreation - if you want to do that, go the ATV/mower route. If you have no desire to ride ATVs as a hobby, then buy a tractor.

Jay

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you have no desire to ride ATVs as a hobby, then buy a tractor.

)</font>

I consider my tractor the ultimate ATV.. If my tractor won't get there.. my atv/cuv surely won't.

Soundguy

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you have no desire to ride ATVs as a hobby, then buy a tractor.

)</font>

I consider my tractor the ultimate ATV.. If my tractor won't get there.. my atv/cuv surely won't.

Soundguy

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #19  
I purchased an ATV with plow, front end loader bucket (both swisher). I think they both did their job, marginally. I could plow any storm and the FEL bucket would do the job with up to 200 pounds. I believe my ATV really took a beating using them though. Once you start using them, it takes about 1 1/2 days to come up with projects that are way to big for them. I enjoyed riding ATVs as they will go anywhere, but I traded mine for a tractor with NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased the tractor first. Wait a couple years and buy the ATV to ride. Just my thoughts.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #20  
I purchased an ATV with plow, front end loader bucket (both swisher). I think they both did their job, marginally. I could plow any storm and the FEL bucket would do the job with up to 200 pounds. I believe my ATV really took a beating using them though. Once you start using them, it takes about 1 1/2 days to come up with projects that are way to big for them. I enjoyed riding ATVs as they will go anywhere, but I traded mine for a tractor with NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased the tractor first. Wait a couple years and buy the ATV to ride. Just my thoughts.