Small tractor or ATV and mower?

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #21  
I feel the same way. My boys (11 and 16) keep wanting me to buy an ATV. I tell them, "Why? I can go anywhere I want on my tractor." I guess their point is they can't go anywhere they want on my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BR

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #22  
I feel the same way. My boys (11 and 16) keep wanting me to buy an ATV. I tell them, "Why? I can go anywhere I want on my tractor." I guess their point is they can't go anywhere they want on my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BR

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #23  
The turning radius is also very poor on an ATV. They are cumbersome to change from forward to reverse. Aren't heavy enough either. You want to plow snow snow, move dirt, etc. buy a tractor or skid steer. You want to go anywhere, and do it fast get an ATV. An ATV is a poor snow plow and an even poorer loader. As for cutting grass... well if you already own an ATV then it might be cheaper to get a towed mower. But, in the long run you won't be satisfied.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #24  
The turning radius is also very poor on an ATV. They are cumbersome to change from forward to reverse. Aren't heavy enough either. You want to plow snow snow, move dirt, etc. buy a tractor or skid steer. You want to go anywhere, and do it fast get an ATV. An ATV is a poor snow plow and an even poorer loader. As for cutting grass... well if you already own an ATV then it might be cheaper to get a towed mower. But, in the long run you won't be satisfied.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #25  
You can certainly get by with mowing with an ATV, however, if you go that route I would suggest that you look at the Acrease mowers - they will cost you more than $2K.

Sounds like you would be better off buying or renting a tractor to take care of the heavy duty chores first - then you could realistically maintain the mowing with the ATV if you want to have an ATV for recreation too. If you never plan on using the ATV for recreation, buy a tractor as others have said.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #26  
You can certainly get by with mowing with an ATV, however, if you go that route I would suggest that you look at the Acrease mowers - they will cost you more than $2K.

Sounds like you would be better off buying or renting a tractor to take care of the heavy duty chores first - then you could realistically maintain the mowing with the ATV if you want to have an ATV for recreation too. If you never plan on using the ATV for recreation, buy a tractor as others have said.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #27  
I can take my ATV places you would never dream of taking your tractor /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Granted my ATV won't even come close to doing the work my tractor will, it will tow a mower, sprayer, and trailer places I won't take my tractor due to the steepness and/or access of the terrain.

It is nice to have both - besides, my tractor won't go near as fast, but it will do wheelies /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower? #28  
I can take my ATV places you would never dream of taking your tractor /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Granted my ATV won't even come close to doing the work my tractor will, it will tow a mower, sprayer, and trailer places I won't take my tractor due to the steepness and/or access of the terrain.

It is nice to have both - besides, my tractor won't go near as fast, but it will do wheelies /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower?
I can also see a need for both. I am trying to think through present and future needs to see if it makes sense to hire out some of the major tractor work such as rock pulling and leveling and then use an ATV and mower for the future. All things considered, I would have both, but if I had to choose one right now, it would be a small tractor. The only question is how small.

/ Small tractor or ATV and mower?
I can also see a need for both. I am trying to think through present and future needs to see if it makes sense to hire out some of the major tractor work such as rock pulling and leveling and then use an ATV and mower for the future. All things considered, I would have both, but if I had to choose one right now, it would be a small tractor. The only question is how small.