Snow sticking to blade

/ Snow sticking to blade #1  

Sierraau

Bronze Member
Tractor
2002 Kioti DK50C
What do you guys use to keep the snow from sticking to the front blade? I've tried all sorts of products and they work for only minutes. I was thinking of sourcing up some hard plastic to pop rivet onto my blade face- perhaps that will help. Any ideas?

/ Snow sticking to blade #2  
Did you try that snow jet product? Some product whose name I forget. Works for me.

/ Snow sticking to blade #3  
There are ceramic coatings that are readily available in auto parts stores ..even Walmart. .. Probably worth a try.

/ Snow sticking to blade #5  
Early season snow I find can be this way along with a warm plow (in a building) that does a little melting and sticking later in the season with good normal snow that otherwise wouldn't stick.
Some guys wax or silicone spray the plow.
Edit; rockbad you beat me to it👍

/ Snow sticking to blade #7  
usually early year problem... the blade is warmer then the snow, wax it maybe ?? cool it off with dry ice lol
Yep...early in the year our shovels and plows are warmer than outside (shed concrete holds heat) and the snow will melt/freeze to them. Later in the year, they are below freezing so I don't have the problem. I will use some tire silicone to help some. The problem goes away once the shed gets cold.

/ Snow sticking to blade #8  
I use a wax type product called ProtectAll on my plows a few times per season with good results. Works very well on vehicle paint, windows, plastic, and rubber. On the tractor glass and mirrors everything stays clear.
It's marketed as an RV product, but I use it on everything... Including the iPad screen I'm typing on!

/ Snow sticking to blade
I live near lake tahoe, the snow is so wet and sloppy it sticks to everything. I've tried waxing my blade with a weed burner, and it lasts for an hour or so. I've tried several products- one (cant remember the name where you mix your one bottle with the other and paint it on in a pretty red color- looks good but no appreciable difference in snow stick; that's why I was thinking get some sort of heavy duty slippery plastic to bolt on as a cover (and keep my pretty new blade paint unskratched (just kidding).

/ Snow sticking to blade #10  
Try some spray cooking oil, Pam or equivalent. Or just order a non stick blade.