Snow sticking to blade

/ Snow sticking to blade #21  
The tractor. is always outside, still a problem.
You have a "warm weather" problem that we don't have up here. Lol.

The blade is too warm for the snow. You are just going to have to angle that blade more to get it to slough off the side more, at least until running the blade in the snow has cooled it down to the snow's temperature. So maybe just run it up and down the length of your driveway at a tight angle a few times to "cool off" the blade before you try clearing things like parking areas or around cars or buildings where you may have to run the blade at less or no angle.

We don't have that issue here, even if you store your tractor in a heated shop. Mine's not heated, so at startup, the bucket and blower are already at ambient temperature and nothing really sticks to them much. But we get much colder here and it stays in the negative numbers all winter long.

/ Snow sticking to blade
You have a "warm weather" problem that we don't have up here. Lol.

The blade is too warm for the snow. You are just going to have to angle that blade more to get it to slough off the side more, at least until running the blade in the snow has cooled it down to the snow's temperature. So maybe just run it up and down the length of your driveway at a tight angle a few times to "cool off" the blade before you try clearing things like parking areas or around cars or buildings where you may have to run the blade at less or no angle.

We don't have that issue here, even if you store your tractor in a heated shop. Mine's not heated, so at startup, the bucket and blower are already at ambient temperature and nothing really sticks to them much. But we get much colder here and it stays in the negative numbers all winter long.
My tractor is kept outside. Sloppy, wet, sticky snow is a chronic problem in Truckee and I haven't found any surface additive that lasts more than 20 minutes of work. I think I will try the HDPE panels on the blade as that sounds like a reasonably inexpensive permanent solution.

/ Snow sticking to blade
High Mosture warm snow is what we usually get. Slop..... and it sticks to everything and then freezes when the stars are out.

/ Snow sticking to blade #26  
I am not seasoned snow fighter, now just entering into my second season with my own tractor

Have Hilltip plow. The Best Snow Plows For Pickups, Tractors & Trucks | Hilltip

But from last year I dont recall any episode I have struggled with snow sticking on plow. And we had a lot of wet snow, as it comes directly from Baltic sea.
Doesnt matter, had warm start from garage or cold - from shed. Maybe, if snow was very wet, had to increase tilt angle a bit
But havent used any "teflons". My blade is just painted

I mean, all trick is in design of plow

/ Snow sticking to blade #27  
My tractor and rear blade sit in an unheated carport. I've never had snow stick to this blade. I use NOTHING on the blade. Cold blade - crunchy hard snow. Nothing sticks. FWIW - I do not plow snow when its sloppy wet. Wait until the early AM when temps are at their lowest. Looks like it might be another "skinny" snow winter. I haven't had to plow - anything - for the last four years.

/ Snow sticking to blade #28  
I put silicone spray on my snowblowers, blade, and shovels before moving snow. Always works well but needs to be applied again before the next storm.

/ Snow sticking to blade #29  
I use Fluid Film mainly as a rust preventer, but it also helps lubricate the steel blade so the snow slides off. Lanolin based spray cans.

/ Snow sticking to blade #30  
People somehow think that if they have a 4wd drive vehicle, they can go anywhere. Not the case at all. In fact AWD goes in the ditch easier than a 2WD because 4wd owners are basically stupid and large amounts of snow cause the drive wheels to loose contact with the road and off they go.
I wouldn't so much say stupid as much as unclear on the limitations of 4/AWD. Since it gets you going on snow, it's easy to think that the vehicle will behave as if it were on dry pavement, and we all know better. The marketing of these vehicles greatly contributes to this.
Agree that first couple snowstorms of the season it's almost always Suburus, or soccer-mom SUVs you see in the ditch. After a couple of storms everyone seems to figure it out...until next year.