Snow sticking to blade

/ Snow sticking to blade #13  
If you are going to look at plastic coating then look at "slippry deck" liners for tip trucks.

/ Snow sticking to blade #14  
You may as well invest in some slippery UHMW sheeting from Mcmaster Carr to bolt to your plow face with grade 5 ribbed grain elevator bolts and with the supplied nuts as you will be dealing with this problem every year.
They come with standard coarse thread nuts and you could use blue loctite instead of investing in nylock coarse thread nuts.
They should have both of these items in stock in their California warehouse and they ship orders on the same day they are received.

/ Snow sticking to blade #15  
usually early year problem... the blade is warmer then the snow, wax it maybe ?? cool it off with dry ice lol
Exactly if you keep the unit in a shop or garage. The temp differential will always keep snow sticking to the blade until the temp equalizes. Fact of life and no coating or plastic will change that. It might help a bit but it will still stick a certain amount.

/ Snow sticking to blade #16  
Exactly if you keep the unit in a shop or garage. The temp differential will always keep snow sticking to the blade until the temp equalizes. Fact of life and no coating or plastic will change that. It might help a bit but it will still stick a certain amount.
I bough a Bravo last year it was kept in a heated garage and the snow stick on the skis for a long time before like two months before it stop it was very annoying... I bought some ski skin but I am hesitant to put them on because they cause them to float too much and you get stuck regardless and it doesn't turn as good ... this year I will keep the bravo in the shade and outside see if it helps.

/ Snow sticking to blade #17  
Something I don't do anymore, moving snow or raking leaves. I can sit in the house and watch it snow and read a novel and be perfectly content and watch out the window to see if some idiot goes in the ditch and then I'll get out one of the big M9's and go pull him or her out, for a fee of course and no credit cards, cash only and they hook the snatch strap to THEIR vehicle, not me. I'm not responsible for damage they do to their car or truck and I've yanked some pretty big trucks out of the ditch in the past and my fee increases with the size of vehicle I yank. Mostly 4wd trucks and AWD cars. People somehow think that if they have a 4wd drive vehicle, they can go anywhere. Not the case at all. In fact AWD goes in the ditch easier than a 2WD because 4wd owners are basically stupid and large amounts of snow cause the drive wheels to loose contact with the road and off they go. I get a few every winter. pays for my wife and I to go eat out.... I learned the hard way NOT to hook up a tow strap to a ditched vehicle. I Vee'd a Tie rod once and had to eat it. Not any more. You hook, I pull, real simple and I get to sit in a heated cab tractor and watch your stupidity too. Got a real nice 8 foot wide, power angle plow with guide wheels on it, plus an nice 72" Lucknow rear mount blower I'm gonna sell when I get the time to list them on TH or CL.

No more snow or leaves for me unless I'm getting compensated for it, that especially applies to yanking idiots out of the ditch.

Attachments

• 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 100_0040 (1).JPG
    100_0040 (1).JPG
    921 KB · Views: 59
   / Snow sticking to blade #18  
Something I don't do anymore, moving snow or raking leaves. I can sit in the house and watch it snow and read a novel and be perfectly content and watch out the window to see if some idiot goes in the ditch and then I'll get out one of the big M9's and go pull him or her out, for a fee of course and no credit cards, cash only and they hook the snatch strap to THEIR vehicle, not me. I'm not responsible for damage they do to their car or truck and I've yanked some pretty big trucks out of the ditch in the past and my fee increases with the size of vehicle I yank. Mostly 4wd trucks and AWD cars. People somehow think that if they have a 4wd drive vehicle, they can go anywhere. Not the case at all. In fact AWD goes in the ditch easier than a 2WD because 4wd owners are basically stupid and large amounts of snow cause the drive wheels to loose contact with the road and off they go. I get a few every winter. pays for my wife and I to go eat out.... I learned the hard way NOT to hook up a tow strap to a ditched vehicle. I Vee'd a Tie rod once and had to eat it. Not any more. You hook, I pull, real simple and I get to sit in a heated cab tractor and watch your stupidity too. Got a real nice 8 foot wide, power angle plow with guide wheels on it, plus an nice 72" Lucknow rear mount blower I'm gonna sell when I get the time to list them on TH or CL.

No more snow or leaves for me unless I'm getting compensated for it, that especially applies to yanking idiots out of the ditch.

I am from northern Ontario, and drive over 15534 miles a year, I have drove 2wd trucks, FWD cars, AWD SUV's and 4x4's, all but the AWD are predictable and adjustment can be made to get out of whatever cause the lost of traction (in most cases) but the AWD, nothing scares me more then a AWD SUV I choose a FWD car any day over that. Most times in a winter storm I rather drive a 2WD car over a 4x4 the only exception is deep snow cover but yes a 4x4 is safer for wildlife and in a accident.

1699545770245.png

/ Snow sticking to blade
The tractor. is always outside, still a problem.