Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #72  
Not looking good to the east in Cleveland and Erie either.

Still heading up there though just in case. It's my last shot at seeing a total solar eclipse.

Although it's come a long way in recent years, there is still room for error in an 8 day forecast.

/ Solar Eclipse... #73  
There are places in TEXAS having a fully clear view. Jonah, TX is one of them.

/ Solar Eclipse... #74  
I’ll keep an eye on the forecast between now and then.

Wife just bought some filters for the phone cameras

/ Solar Eclipse... #76  
All for 3 minutes and 40 seconds of shadow.

We're at 98% totality...but out of towners are coming...so...we get to fight traffic for an hour (if we're lucky) to get to a remote spot with 100%!

Too much hype!

But what does impress me - is how they can precisely forecast the times, places and durations...and say convincingly that it won't happen again for another 20 years!

That's impressive actually...and whoever sits around calculating that needs to get a life.

/ Solar Eclipse... #77  
Much of the same north of you too. I already knew April showers would make this a wash. LOL
Just checked the 10-day, and it shows mostly sunny for us.
All for 3 minutes and 40 seconds of shadow.

We're at 98% totality...but out of towners are coming...so...we get to fight traffic for an hour (if we're lucky) to get to a remote spot with 100%!

Too much hype!

But what does impress me - is how they can precisely forecast the times, places and durations...and say convincingly that it won't happen again for another 20 years!

That's impressive actually...and whoever sits around calculating that needs to get a life.
What's more impressive is some of the ancient civilizations that figured this stuff out, all without the help of computers.

We're in the 100% totality zone. Bought a couple pairs of the disposable glasses so we could watch it. Yeah, traffic is expected to be a zoo that day, but we'll just watch it from the back yard.

/ Solar Eclipse... #78  
If you live in, or are travelling to a place along the line of totality, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Gas stations may run out of gas or could have long lines due to the crowds. Fill your tank in advance!

Buy groceries before eclipse day and avoid unnecessary travel.

Restaurants will be overcrowded so it is advisable to bring your own food & water.

Traffic jams will be likely so plan ahead.

Cell towers will be overloaded so don't rely on being able to use smartphones for voice, text or apps that use data. Navigation apps without imbedded maps are a particular concern.

Be EXTREMELY careful while driving during the eclipse. Other drivers may be distracted, and some can even stop on or along the road to view!

/ Solar Eclipse... #79  
I was talking to a game Warden last week and he said the day of the eclipse is a mandatory work day. We're right in the middle of mud season and they expect people to get lost or stuck while trying to find a place to camp or view.

/ Solar Eclipse... #80  
If you live in, or are travelling to a place along the line of totality, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Gas stations may run out of gas or could have long lines due to the crowds. Fill your tank in advance!

Buy groceries before eclipse day and avoid unnecessary travel.

Restaurants will be overcrowded so it is advisable to bring your own food & water.

Traffic jams will be likely so plan ahead.

Cell towers will be overloaded so don't rely on being able to use smartphones for voice, text or apps that use data. Navigation apps without imbedded maps are a particular concern.

Be EXTREMELY careful while driving during the eclipse. Other drivers may be distracted, and some can even stop on or along the road to view!
peoplez iz so stupid🤪🤪🥴🙄