Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #61  
The 7 planets won't be in conjunction, but they will be "lined up":
1711150233529.png

Of course, they're allways lined up - they're all on (more or less) the ecliptic. The interesting thing is that they'll actually be relatively close to each other - though still not actually in conjunction (where they'd be much closer to each other (in both appearance and reality)).

/ Solar Eclipse... #62  
Seriously?
Provide us a NASA link then.
You won’t obviously, because it’s totally B.S.

I’m guessing you copy/pasted some BS AI dis-information.

At least do yourself the favor and look it up on any reputable astronomy site.

Does it even sound remotely probable that all planets will happen to align( one in trillions of years chance ) on the exact day a total solar eclipse is happening?
Not calling you gullible… but….
No problem DB,
You can watch the map 'live' on the NASA interactive map site.
Solar System Interactive

During the eclipse, it's best to be in Indiana. :)
1711149015551.png

Will there be other planetary alignments this year?​

In 2024, there will be a total of four planetary alignments. All of them, except for the April 4 alignment will be large alignments.
  • On April 20, there will be a planetary gathering of five planets: Venus, Mercury, Neptune, Mars and Saturn.
  • On June 7, there will be a planetary alignment of six planets: Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus, Mars, Neptune and Saturn.
  • On Aug. 28, there will be a planetary gathering of six planets: Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.
In 2025, there will be three planetary alignments with one including all planets. The last time all eight planets were aligned was on Dec. 28, 2022.
  • On Jan. 18, 2025, there will be six planets in the alignment: Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.
  • On Feb. 28, 2025, all planets will be on the same side of the sun for a great planetary alignment.
  • On Aug. 29, 2025, there will be a planetary alignment of six planets: Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.

1711148614896.png

1711148698076.png

1711148735115.png

/ Solar Eclipse... #63  
No problem DB,
You can watch the map 'live' on the NASA interactive map site.
Solar System Interactive

During the eclipse, it's best to be in Indiana. :)
View attachment 858507

Will there be other planetary alignments this year?​

In 2024, there will be a total of four planetary alignments. All of them, except for the April 4 alignment will be large alignments.
  • On April 20, there will be a planetary gathering of five planets: Venus, Mercury, Neptune, Mars and Saturn.
  • On June 7, there will be a planetary alignment of six planets: Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus, Mars, Neptune and Saturn.
  • On Aug. 28, there will be a planetary gathering of six planets: Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.
In 2025, there will be three planetary alignments with one including all planets. The last time all eight planets were aligned was on Dec. 28, 2022.
  • On Jan. 18, 2025, there will be six planets in the alignment: Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.
  • On Feb. 28, 2025, all planets will be on the same side of the sun for a great planetary alignment.
  • On Aug. 29, 2025, there will be a planetary alignment of six planets: Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn.

View attachment 858500

View attachment 858501

View attachment 858502

Your attachments talk about 4 planets aligning on the 4th.

Not the same as proclaiming 7 planets plus the moon, plus the sun….on the 8th.

“April 8th, the sun, the moon and the seven other planets in our solar will all line up in the sky“

Last edited:
   / Solar Eclipse... #64  
Your attachments talk about 4 planets aligning on the 4th.

Not the same as proclaiming 7 planets plus the moon, plus the sun….on the 8th.

“April 8th, the sun, the moon and the seven other planets in our solar will all line up in the sky“
Calm down, It's not a conjunction, they'll just be near each other in the same general area of the sky.

They're always in a line, of course (considering a line in spherical geometry) even when they're not near each other.

Other than Venus and Jupiter and possibly Saturn you may not be able to see the others since even during an eclipse the sky isn't actually that dark.

/ Solar Eclipse... #65  
This starts TONIGHT.

See what times it happens in your town here,

1711323584851.png

Starts a few minuets before midnight at the nearest metro city by me.
Bummer we have cloud cover at the time.

1711323781112.png

/ Solar Eclipse... #66  
Again, my word of caution is use proper viewing glasses and they are free for the asking.

Retinal damage is almost always permanent. With our luck here, it will be overcast anyway.

I do a ton of welding in MIG and TIG and I'm always cognizant of arc flash however, a welding helmet or a pair of gas welding goggles won't provide proper protection.

Looks like the swath of total eclipse is quite narrow and passes directly over us here.
Where are they free? I have seen some for sale, but none for free! Are the free ones real or cheap counterfeits

/ Solar Eclipse... #67  
Where are they free? I have seen some for sale, but none for free! Are the free ones real or cheap counterfeits
Check your local library.

/ Solar Eclipse... #68  
I took that day off work as we are in the totality.
Me too, actually, I am retiring March 31st, so I won't need to take off from work. My property in Yellville is in the path of totality, so, unless lots of clouds show up, we will be there to watch it. I was in Topeka for the 2017 eclipse, but storms moved in that morning. We high tailed it to central Missouri, Sedalia I think. Partly cloudy there, but we did catch it!