Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #51  
Also,

Be careful where you get your glasses from, Amazon has some fakes out there I'm hearing.

This is supposedly a link to approved places to get them....
Suppliers of Safe Solar Viewers & Filters

We are here.

View attachment 858340
Good advice!

Make sure the glasses you use are marked: ISO 12312-2 which means they meet all the necessary requirements.

The sun can also damage your smartphone, so consider using a filter if you plan to take eclipse pictures.

If you order from Amazon, I can confirm this product is approved, and includes both glasses and a smartphone filter & app.

/ Solar Eclipse... #53  
We are taking eclipse day off and staying at the farm for a long weekend to experience it.

My neighbors all have stories from the 2017 eclipse about traffic being a mess and gas stations being packed.

We have some friends coming down as well.
The wife put an invite out on her FB page……not sure she gave that much thought!!

/ Solar Eclipse... #54  
Hey, you need to be out on March 25th FIRST to see the Blood Moon eclipse as well.

A penumbral lunar eclipse will take place on Monday, March 25, 2024. It will be visible to the naked eye as 95.57% of the Moon will be immersed in Earth’s penumbral shadow.
View attachment 858383

The moon will be full and white, as it passes behind the earth, it will blink for a moment to go invisible, then re-appear as a blood moon. This one has a full long time to remain red as March has the Spring Equinox.

View attachment 858384

Right at the end of the Blood Moon event, the devil comet will finally be able to be seen with the naked eye. It's returned after 71 years!

Look up into the night sky this month, and you’ll get a glimpse of a massive comet that could be visible to the naked eye.

According to Space.com, the comet 12P/Pons-Brooks, also known as the “devil comet,” will be visible to most people on Earth while it completes its 71-year orbit around the sun.

Known as an ice volcano comet, according to NASA, its passage near the sun prompts it to erupt from exposure to solar radiation, which cracks open large icy shells that deliver a show of ice and gas shooting out of the base, making the comet appear larger and brighter as it gets closer to Earth.
View attachment 858385

And the devil comet will also be seen during the eclipse ! Additionally, 7 of our planets will also be in alignment during the eclipse.

During the Great American Eclipse of 2024 on April 8th, the sun, the moon and the seven other planets in our solar system will all line up in the sky. It is almost as if the entire solar system will be screaming that this is a once in a lifetime event.

When I asked ChatGPT about a month ago to calculate the frequency that this line up of planets would happen, it responded with 1 in 19 million years. Because the moon and sun will also be aligned, I asked the frequency of this and it said 1 in 32 million years.

View attachment 858375

And some more facts!

The 2017 eclipse crossed over 7 cites named Salem. Salem is abbreviated for Jerusalem.
-Salem, Oregon
-Salem, Idaho
-Salem, Wyoming
-Salem, Nebraska
-Salem, Missouri
-Salem, Kentucky
-Salem, South Carolina

This 2024 eclipse will cross over 7 cities named Nineveh.
-Nineveh, Texas
-Nineveh, Missouri
-Nineveh, Indiana
-Nineveh, Ohio
-Nineveh, Pennsylvania
-Nineveh, Virginia
-Nineveh, New York

And 1 town called Jonah in TX, just outside of Austin.

The eclipse will also cross over a location named “Ninevah” in the province of Nova Scotia in Canada.
So that is why you sometimes see lists of “8 Ninevahs” on social media.

Within the crossing diameter of both paths, the Mississippi and Ohio rivers also meet. I heard there will be celebrations at the two rivers and fireworks.

View attachment 858374

There is one more thing about the month of April that I wanted to mention.

In April, 1.8 Trillion of 13-year cicadas and 17-year cicadas will start emerging from the ground simultaneously for the first time since Thomas Jefferson was president… going back to 1803. Crops and vegetation for over 16 states was wiped out in that given year.
View attachment 858376
There’s utter BS in your post.
Here’s an example:

During the Great American Eclipse of 2024 on April 8th, the sun, the moon and the seven other planets in our solar system will all line up in the sky. It is almost as if the entire solar system will be screaming that this is a once in a lifetime event”

100%, Total misinformation there.
You might want to fact check your source. It’s pretty bad.
I didn’t even bother looking at the rest.

/ Solar Eclipse... #55  
Here’s an example:

During the Great American Eclipse of 2024 on April 8th, the sun, the moon and the seven other planets in our solar system will all line up in the sky. It is almost as if the entire solar system will be screaming that this is a once in a lifetime event”

All of the airplane vapour trails will converge on the eclipsing sun. It's a conspiracy to reinfect people with covid-24 and the embedded microchips will instruct you to buy an EV to stop global warming. Non-conforming oil burners will be blasted by Israeli space lasers.
1711107395678.png

/ Solar Eclipse... #57  
Here’s an example:

OK, I grabbed this off of the NASA website for youth. Guess they are full of BS and misinformation too.

/ Solar Eclipse... #58  
Free here from most governmental entities. I see they are on Amazon for a cost as well. Anything to make a buck I guess.
I got a few welding goggles. They worked really well last time.

No special glasses needed to see the devil comet or the blood moon.

To find the time this weekend to see the blood moon, go here.
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse on March 24–25, 2024 – Where and When to See

I have a Nikon to work with our telescope. I just hope for a clear night to get shots of the blood moon and the devil comet. Not sure if I can get both in the same image setting though.

An Eclipse Never Comes Alone!​

A solar eclipse always occurs about two weeks before or after a lunar eclipse.
Usually, there are two eclipses in a row, but other times, there are three during the same eclipse season.
All eclipses 1900 — 2199
This is the first eclipse this season.
Second eclipse this season: April 8, 2024 — Total Solar Eclipse

/ Solar Eclipse... #59  
OK, I grabbed this off of the NASA website for youth. Guess they are full of BS and misinformation too.
Seriously?
Provide us a NASA link then.

I’m guessing you copy/pasted some BS AI dis-information.

At least do yourself the favor and look it up on any reputable astronomy site.

Does it even sound remotely probable that all planets will happen to align on the exact day a total solar eclipse is happening?
Not calling you gullible… but….

Last edited: