Some NOS PowerArc 160's

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #41  
Isn't his number in his signature or profile? BTW the office is in CA so maybe you get through now. If you don't find pm me.

Thanks...I tried the office number again and left him a VM. The cell number he gave me doesn't work, so it must have been a typo. I'll give it a little more time :)

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #42  
Got mine today too. I wasn't able to find a receptacle to match the plug that came with it. Has anyone else had that problem? I only tried Lowes.

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #43  
We had a number of stick only PowerArc 160's at a barn burner price. We need to clear these.
k0ua has had one for a number of years. If you need a reference on these, see some of his posts about it.
These units are built like the old PowerARC 200's and have a E6010 capability, which the 160STH and 140ST does not have.

If you want a new 160 amp DC stick welder for well under 250.00, PM me for specifics.
I am interested. Can you PM me info?

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #44  
Got mine today too. I wasn't able to find a receptacle to match the plug that came with it. Has anyone else had that problem? I only tried Lowes.

That is an odd plug. I checked HD and Amazon. It is NEMA 10-20 125/250V but it is 3 wire. Typically 125/250V configurations are 4 wire. This configuration uses neutral as ground like dryers and ovens used to. Largely this practice ended 10 or 20 years ago. I guess this is used because they intend for you to use a separate ground wire.

I'll likely use a 14-20 - much easier to find - and connect the ground lug on the unit to the plug ground.

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's
Don't use the plug that came with it. On all new models we have installed plugs, but these were built under old build sheets and specs. You will need a NEMA 6-50 plug if you wire it up for a standard welder configuration.

ALL 240V 1ph welders use a 3 wire configuration....past present and at least for the extended look into the future.

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #46  
Thanks, Mark.

What about the ground lug?

Ignore it. You won't need it for any application. The green wire is not a neutral. It is a ground.

If I have missed anyone, please pm me. I will get to you in the order I receive it. My father in law is in his 80's and ran over himself with his truck a few weeks ago. He's not doing well and we had to go out to Alabama and help out a few days. I've been working, and looking after Everlast stuff, but haven't had time to get all things done I wanted to.

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #49  
Thanks Mark.
If I remember correctly, you told me to go to your website and download the oldest manual for a stick welder. There are several manuals with the same early date of 2013. My guess is that I should download the manual for the PowerARC 160STH. Is this correct?
The choices are:
Product Manual File Size

PowerARC 140ST (2013-Present) 1.93 MB

PowerARC 160STH (2013-Present) 2.41 MB

PowerARC 200ST (2013-Present) 2.13 MB

PowerARC 280STH (2014-Present) 3.14 MB

PowerARC 300 (2013-Present) 2.52 MB

PowerARC Series includes 140/140ST, 160STH, 200/200ST, and 300

/ Some NOS PowerArc 160's #50  
Sorry to hear about your father in law. Hope he comes through ok.