Splitters and Wood, show your pics!

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #1  

Scut 4 Big Bucks

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T394
Just bought a Timberwolf TW5. What a lean, mean, wood splitting machine.

wheelie.jpg

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #3  
You got yourself a pretty fine splitter all right ! Out of curiosity what are the dimensions of that big cookie you have up on the splitter ?

gg

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #4  
^^ and how did you get it on the splitter? How do you move it to position for the next split?

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #5  
Glad you asked:

Splitter Finished.JPG

Splitter Control.JPG

Splitter E Stop.JPG

Splitter Main.JPG

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #6  
^^ and how did you get it on the splitter? How do you move it to position for the next split?

There is a hydraulic log lift shown in the picture which would explain how he got it on. Positioning for the next split is a good question.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #7  
There is a hydraulic log lift shown in the picture which would explain how he got it on. Positioning for the next split is a good question.

The half that falls off on the lift side is easy to get back on. The piece that falls of on the opposite side is a pain.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #8  
The half that falls off on the lift side is easy to get back on. The piece that falls of on the opposite side is a pain.

I had a TW5 for a few years and splitting a cookie like that almost cost me my left leg. When it came off that machine and hit me below my left knee. If you have a strong stomach I can post a picture of it at the emergency room.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #9  
Thought this was a picture thread.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics!
You got yourself a pretty fine splitter all right ! Out of curiosity what are the dimensions of that big cookie you have up on the splitter ?

gg

40" diameter or so. The log lift on this machine is very powerful. We lifted a giant round up on the splitter a few days ago, but it was too much log for a split.