Square bales

/ Square bales #1  

hay mower xtreme

Tractor
ih 1086
Anybody still use an elevator to put bales in a hay loft? 1562022808086.jpeg

/ Square bales #2  
I bought a portable elevator 2 weeks ago at the scrap yard for $20. brought it home plugged it in and it works.

/ Square bales #3  
Sometimes, we have switched to round bales for all of our hay though and just do squares for our customers (which they unload out of the wagon).

Aaron Z

/ Square bales #5  
We no longer have a loft but still do 2500-3000 square bales a year for sale. I bought it to doll up a little and resale.20190606_170601.jpeg

/ Square bales #6  
We just put 850 squares into our hay loft last night so we are down with the elevator for the year! The rest of our stuff goes into the back of the barn, no elevator needed :)

/ Square bales #7  
That brings back so many memories that I would like to forget. We spent many a summer growing up putting 1,000's of bales in the top of my parents barn. It was hot up there and the bees, goodness. My brother and I used to ride the conveyor up into the barn. We also used it for putting corn in the crib. It's an old Mayrath, dad still has it and uses it for corn. Luckily he went to round bales in the mid 90's.

/ Square bales #8  
I now use a hay grapple to gather in the field, load the trailer, stack in the barn, and sometimes help load folks out. Very little hand work for me :)

0616171031b.jpg0414151518.jpg0414151538.jpg

/ Square bales #9  
I have two, one for each end of the barns. We start in the middle of each loft and stack out to each door. I square bale 5000-10000 per year, on top of 1000 round bales.

/ Square bales #10  
I have a NH 575 in the barn (paid for) that I have not used in 5 years, every option on it but a kicker. I too went to round bales, I have one large customer that buys everything I make, picks it up in the field and pays me yearly. I should sell it but if I did, my luck would be a need it, so it sits in the barn and the cats sleep in the feeder.

Personally, I despise small squares almost as much as I dislike dealing with horse people. My customer is a cattle rancher.