Square bales

/ Square bales #12  
After dealing with horsey people for many years and not liking it at all because most horsey people don't know good hay from junk or they are flakey far as paying, I quit dealing with them entirely.

Still go to the local hay auction to watch and chuckle however. Watching them is better than any TV program. If the bales is real green and heavy, they want it. I just laugh to myself.

Went to one auction with my Delmhorst and set the moisture threshold at 22%. Over half the bales I probed at that auction, kicked the alarm off.

Guess horsey people like dusty, moldy hay.

/ Square bales #13  
We have plenty of "horsey" people here, most are very nice people. Hay goes on a trailer after it's paid for.. We make dry hay in three days, if it gets wet it's mulch and is sold to construction company's..

/ Square bales #14  
Not saying they aren't nice (I do like gazing at cowgirls...). I'm saying that a good portion of them don't know the difference between good hay and junk hay and don'r ever sell hay on credit because there is none. They feed it, it comes out the other end and then they don't want to pay for it. I quit being a nice guy years ago.

Just tickled I have the deal I have now. One customer buys it all, his credit is golden, picks it up in the field (I load it) and it's gone. Don't care twine or net. I considered getting out of the business entirely until I 'fell' into this deal. While it has not been all roses (haying never is), compared to horsey people it is.

Had a couple old customers call me wanting hay. I told them if they wanted rounds we could do that. Of course they didn't.:)

Besides, I get to hunt on his farm in the fall and he has some nice corn feed deer.

/ Square bales #15  
Not saying they aren't nice (I do like gazing at cowgirls...). I'm saying that a good portion of them don't know the difference between good hay and junk hay and don'r ever sell hay on credit because there is none. They feed it, it comes out the other end and then they don't want to pay for it. I quit being a nice guy years ago.

Just tickled I have the deal I have now. One customer buys it all, his credit is golden, picks it up in the field (I load it) and it's gone. Don't care twine or net. I considered getting out of the business entirely until I 'fell' into this deal. While it has not been all roses (haying never is), compared to horsey people it is.

Had a couple old customers call me wanting hay. I told them if they wanted rounds we could do that. Of course they didn't.:)

Besides, I get to hunt on his farm in the fall and he has some nice corn feed deer.

Sounds like a good deal for you..

/ Square bales #16  
Not saying they aren't nice (I do like gazing at cowgirls...).

Many hrs of horseback riding usually does wonderful things to the shape of a women's derriere(back side).:thumbsup:

/ Square bales #18  
   / Square bales #20