Starting at -10F

/ Starting at -10F #31  
I'm not sure that such a good idea. Having the temperature constantly changing like that may be harmful to some parts of the tractor. Any opinions on this?
Never going to be a problem, remember when it is 30 F out and the tractor engine heats up to 200F 170deg difference, -10 to 200F 210 deg difference its a very small percentage of the operating range. The normal use of a tractor getting up to temp is a much bigger percentage than the block heater warmth.

/ Starting at -10F #32  
I have two magnetic heaters and they are doing a fantastic job of collecting dust on the shelf.
My electric block heater I plug into the tractor whenever the temp is below freezing and I am expected to work the tractor the next day. 4 hours minimum and she will start right up.

/ Starting at -10F #33  
My nephew bought a used Kubota M110GX this fall that was only equipped with the magnetic oil pan heater. It started, with difficulty, down to 0°F but this past week we had a couple mornings colder than -30°F where he had to use a kerosene heater and a tarp over the tractor to get it running. The dealer is supposed to have a block heater here this week for installation. My M135GX will handle the -30°F fine with its block heater but I am glad that is only a few days each winter. At least we don't get the -50°F mornings like we did when I was growing up on this farm.

/ Starting at -10F #34  
well I think we all agree magnetic block heaters aren't the best answer, since there are several better solutions, but they can be an answer, particularly if you buy a 300+ watt unit and aren't trying to heat 15 gallons of oil. And you aren't in Northern Ontario, which most of us are not. L4New, did your two heaters not work well enough so that's why you installed the block heater? I agree, block heater is first choice.

I think the question about repeated heat, cool, heat, cool might have been one of condensation building up during the cooling cycle. ?

/ Starting at -10F #35  
well I think we all agree magnetic block heaters aren't the best answer, since there are several better solutions, but they can be an answer, particularly if you buy a 300+ watt unit and aren't trying to heat 15 gallons of oil. And you aren't in Northern Ontario, which most of us are not. L4New, did your two heaters not work well enough so that's why you installed the block heater? I agree, block heater is first choice. ?

also if you can place the magnetic heater under the engine on the bottom of the oil pan, the excess heat will rise around the block a little and up from inside the oil pan. Not ideal, but better than sticking it in some places on the side of the engine. Certainly not much help in -30 cold. You need to leave it there for quite a while to help. Just my $0.02.

/ Starting at -10F #36  
well I think we all agree magnetic block heaters aren't the best answer, since there are several better solutions, but they can be an answer, particularly if you buy a 300+ watt unit and aren't trying to heat 15 gallons of oil. And you aren't in Northern Ontario, which most of us are not. L4New, did your two heaters not work well enough so that's why you installed the block heater? I agree, block heater is first choice.

I think the question about repeated heat, cool, heat, cool might have been one of condensation building up during the cooling cycle. ?
I had bought the two heaters for my Farmall C. Then found out the Farmall would start in any temps with the hand crank. 2 kids under 16 at home and me away on the road 28 days/month. I had took the starter off and it was in the back seat of my car. Knowing full well that the kids wouldn't try to start her on the crank. (No key switch on them old Farmalls).
When I ordered the Kioti, I insisted on a block heater. I should have insisted on two.

/ Starting at -10F #37  
I have a Massey Ferguson 1529 with a 1.5KW block heater. Here in northern Minnesota, when temps are around 0F, I plug it in for an hour. When below zero, I usually warm it for 2 hours. It starts like it was 60F outside. That being said, after starting, I let it run on fast idle for about 15 minutes before slowly working the FEL to start warming up the hydraulic fluid as it is hydrostatic drive and the heater doesn't do much to warm the 9 gallons of fluid. The coolant temp gauge comes up to the normal mark in just a couple of minutes after starting. Doubt I would see any improvement if using a radiator hose heater.