Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage??

/ Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage??
From talking to the owner I gather that he maintained power line and gas line right of ways. He said the tractor was equiped with a 406 bush hog. He mentioned cutting trees the size of a coke bottle (not the 2 liter but the 16 oz.) He said he had another tractor that was equped with a Brown Tree Cutter. I assume some of these right of ways had 3 or 4 years of growth. I will try to get pics when I go tomorrow to look as I would like your opinions. thanks

/ Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #13  
I'd have a look at it if those hours are right .Just because it's been a forestry tractor does'nt mean it has to be hammered ,We had some nice TW15's guarded up like that in the woods.
If it's cheap enough all that stuff could be taken off..?

Any pics of it...?

Here are some pictures of the tractor Im looking at:
The owner said he ran this tractor personally and used a 406 Bush Hog shredder. He said he changed the oil and filters every 200 hours. What do you guys think. What is this tractor worth just like it sits? thanks
016.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

023.jpg

013.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Last edited:
   / Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #15  
Yup... tractor appears to have had a "crushing" work history!! :p

I think there's a spot next to the driver (on a shelf) when looking straight-on that you can see where the napkins, plates and the wine glasses were... :eek:

If the trade pencils out - and the overall price is right - doesn't look like anything I'd back away from.

Best of luck.

AKfish

PS Very impressive armour. They did a nice job.

/ Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #16  
I just saw one for sell on the NC craigslist for 29k. Looked like it was run hard but had low hours. Had the Brown tree cutter also. I think the ROW business is getting hit and miss so I hope you can keep it busy.:D

Last edited:
   / Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #17  
nh 7610.jpg

nh 7610 brown tree cutter.jpg

Here's some pics I hope.:D

I diddnt start out looking for a ROW tractor, just a 7610 4wd. This one just happened to show up "locally" which is "something" in and of itself (got my last tractor from Colorado - Im in Tx) After seeing it, I kinda like the idea of the armor because Im going to be using it to maintain wildlife habitat and have several roads in the woods etc. Just weighing my options. Really need a loader and I think it would be hard to put one on with that bumper. Besides, I think this tractor is a bit too expensive.

/ Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #19  
You could run the loader low to help protect the front of the tractor some, instead of the front bumper.

/ Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage?? #20  
Looks pretty interesting to me,That would fit my job perfectly with a winch on it.It could be a very nice standard tractor again very easily and take a loader....All the guards have to scare people though and should de-value it i would think.
I'd be getting excited about that one...!

Last edited: