stripped BX 60" deck blade bolts

/ stripped BX 60" deck blade bolts #31  
The dust cover is about a millimeter thick. 0.040"
Checking McMaster Carr a Belleville Disc Spring of 1.975" OD x 0.095 TH x ~ 7/8" ID, (P/N 96445K847), has a flat force of 2300 lb. 4600 pounds is about half of the clamp force of a M12 - 1.25 pitch bolt tightened to 80ftlb.

Also, if Im interpreting M12 correctly, as being for a 12MM bolt, those arent going to be right for your application. The bore on the washers used by Kubot is 0.875"​

Spyderlk,

You are absolutely right!

What was I thinking! I was too focused on the metric bolt size and did not think beyond that to see that the cup washers need to slip over the same shaft as the blade in order to function. Therefore the ID of the cup washer needs to be the same ID as the blade, has which is 7/8 inch.

I may end up with a bag of cup washers that are 12.2 mm ID. Oh well, I did try to cancel the order right now but am not not sure if it will be possible.

Had I been home I would have got it right as I would have measured the cup washer before ordering.

Edit: I was fortunate that I was able to cancel the order and get a refund...

Bill

Last edited:
   / stripped BX 60" deck blade bolts
just an update - i was able to replace all of the washers and i can tell a difference in the cut when mowing. Something new i learned about my bx mower. before installing - i took the washers and took them and turned it facing away from each other for giggles to see how far apart the space is in the cupping. the new ones definitely is wider and more even then the old ones.