Stuck Shovel.

/ Stuck Shovel. #21  
Heat it up with rosebud torch

/ Stuck Shovel.
I bet it is simply bound up on the powdercoat from being worked. Have you considered simply backing the clamps off, sticking it in the ground and using the hydraulics and tractor weight to crack it loose? Attempting to lift or dig without the clamps might unstick what's stuck.

Thanks. Another xlnt suggestion!

/ Stuck Shovel. #26  
I bet it is simply bound up on the powdercoat from being worked. Have you considered simply backing the clamps off, sticking it in the ground and using the hydraulics and tractor weight to crack it loose? Attempting to lift or dig without the clamps might unstick what's stuck.

Loosen the clamps. Go dig some holes.

Bruce

/ Stuck Shovel. #27  
Loosen the clamps. Go dig some holes.

• Then mix and pour a couple of bags of concrete.
  • Pour into one of said holes.
  • Insert the shovel into wet concrete.
  • Let cure.
  • When fully cured, lift FEL bucket upwards.
  • Use sledgehammer to break concrete off shovel.

:dance1:

/ Stuck Shovel. #28  
Thanks, unfortunately have not learned welding.
You could probably accomplish the same with a regular propane torch. All that you need to do is heat it enough to expand the metal slightly.

/ Stuck Shovel. #29  
Don't be afraid of oil, metal likes it, albeit messy. WD40 has brand extensions that are better at lubing; the original is a little "light" for the scale you are working with.

If you don't want to go with the oil-bath, after double-checking bolts are released, try heat - no OA torch ? then a tiger (propane roofing) or MAP-gas torch will give you enough heat fairly quickly.

When you do get it apart, be sure to grease the receiver opening on the shovel for next time..... For a dryer lube, try graphite....

:2cents:

Rgds, D.

/ Stuck Shovel.
Thank you all for the creative and excellent suggestions. So appreciative of how motivated everyone is here to help each other. So refreshing after watching so much of the opposite of that on the news. Now its time to tell you how the story ended.

I pointed the shovel down. Sprayed WD40 down the flat sides of the forks, waited a little while, banged on the shovel with the back of a maul some, and voila, it slid right off. Was thinking of digging a hole with it afterwards to bury some rocks but ended up mounting the 3 point snowblower in preparation for winter. Got in a little before dark.

By the way, I keep the shovel in the garage on one of Harbor Freights cheap furniture dollies. Makes it so easy to move around.