Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #711  
I think that's only for 1st marriages. 2nd and 3rd marriages fail at a much higher rate than 50%.
Wow! I'm glad that I am on my first. All that re-hitching to a new wagon sounds expensive.

/ Student Loan Debt? #712  
I work for about 5 100-millionaires. These people have wealth beyond imagination. They have houses in my area that are impressive, but more value in the “dirt” than some Toll Brothers plasticky looking mini mansion. They have extensive farms worth 5-25 million and own additional homes in Paris, New York, The Caribbean, etc.

If you met them, most would not talk or appear overly wealthy. They like to “blend in” with common dirty hands people like me. Once they hire you and trust you, you have something akin to an investment that pays dividends to you every year. They always have work for me. On-going property improvements and farming. Once you get “in” with them, a certain level of almost guaranteed income is acheived.

Stupidly, there’s about 50% of the country that hate the rich and want to tax them out of existence. This is a fools errand. The rich trickle down massive amounts of wealth that the lesser wealthy, like myself, benefit from.

One client I have has 2 FULL TIME groundskeepers. They are treated and paid VERY well. The property owner helped both of them put their kids through college and gives them extremely low interest loans to buy their homes.

The “hollywood” image of rich people is distorted and mostly a fable of greedy rich people. I am here to tell you that in most cases, that is NOT true.

Last edited:
   / Student Loan Debt? #713  
Wrong!!!!! I was a 12 year veteran of Catholic Schools and had no social problems whatsoever, myself nor the schools, including a Catholic Military School that my mother worked her ass off to send me there because she thought it was what I needed. I have the utmost respect for the Nuns and Lay teachers that guided me to my selection of a satisfying and lucrative career with a fabulous retirement.
Lucky you. Our grade school nuns were animals. They beat the kids pretty much every chance they got. Kids were coming to school drunk in 8th grade. My older sister's 8th grade class had 4 pregnancies. And the local list of child molester priests is long and well documented.

A lot of divorced, oops, I mean annulled, marriages of my classmates' parents. Drugs were and still are plentiful in both local Catholic high schools, as is alcohol.

The only thing missing is the violence in the halls.

/ Student Loan Debt? #714  
Here’s something that most people overlook when it comes to wealth building. The Millionaire Next Door cites that your spouse’s orientation and beliefs toward thrift, consumption, and investing is a significant factor in achieving a high net worth.

These couples spend their time, energy, and money on similar things.

It is very difficult for a married couple to accumulate wealth if one is a spendthrift. A household divided in its financial orientation is unlikely to accumulate significant wealth.

Want to make it worse? Try accumulating wealth when BOTH husband and wife are big spenders! Not going to happen!
Pretty true. I'm fortunate to have a spouse that thinks the same way I do about finances.

/ Student Loan Debt? #715  
Wow! I'm glad that I am on my first. All that re-hitching to a new wagon sounds expensive.
Ya! I've told my wife that if for some reason we'd ever part ways, she could find me living in a shipping container with an orange cat out on our tree farm.

Heck, I might get a 2nd container for a guest room so my kids could visit. 🙃

/ Student Loan Debt? #716  
Lucky you. Our grade school nuns were animals. They beat the kids pretty much every chance they got. <snip>
I was born and raised in Poughkeepsie, NY until winter in 1st grade. My parents had me in a Catholic school, with overbearing nuns. My distinct memories of my knuckles being whacked hard with a ruler whenever I used my left hand to write are still painful, and that was only kindergarten and half of first grade.
The move to rural, pastoral Underhill, Vt. and a 3 classroom school for all 8 grades was almost traumatic. It took weeks, if not months, to become accustomed to being praised for good work done with either hand. Those nuns had been spinster witches.
On the upside the early education in up to 1st grade held me through the first 3 grades of Vt. schooling.

/ Student Loan Debt? #717  
Lucky you. Our grade school nuns were animals. They beat the kids pretty much every chance they got. Kids were coming to school drunk in 8th grade. My older sister's 8th grade class had 4 pregnancies. And the local list of child molester priests is long and well documented.

A lot of divorced, oops, I mean annulled, marriages of my classmates' parents. Drugs were and still are plentiful in both local Catholic high schools, as is alcohol.

The only thing missing is the violence in the halls.

Yikes. And your parents thought this was good for you for 12 years???

/ Student Loan Debt? #718  
I was born and raised in Poughkeepsie, NY until winter in 1st grade. My parents had me in a Catholic school, with overbearing nuns. My distinct memories of my knuckles being whacked hard with a ruler whenever I used my left hand to write are still painful, and that was only kindergarten and half of first grade.
The move to rural, pastoral Underhill, Vt. and a 3 classroom school for all 8 grades was almost traumatic. It took weeks, if not months, to become accustomed to being praised for good work done with either hand. Those nuns had been spinster witches.
On the upside the early education in up to 1st grade held me through the first 3 grades of Vt. schooling.
Yep. Sounds pretty familiar. My mom was left handed and forced to use her right in Catholic school. She went 18 years in the system. Got out with a degree in biology and taught art to grade school kids the rest of her life. She taught art for free at our Catholic school. All 8 grades, twice a week. I remember as a toddler sitting under the desk playing while she taught. I'm fairly certain she taught art for free so the 5 of us kids got a discount for tuition. She stopped volunteering when I graduated 8th grade, got her masters in education, and taught for pay in the local public schools until her passing in 1988. She earned teacher of the year a year before that. I still run into people that remember the impact she and my father had on their lives. Makes me smile. :)

Anyhow, I am also left handed. My parents specifically instructed the nuns to let me use my left hand. They complied. I'm right-eyed dominant, so I use scissors right handed. They at first tried to force lefty scissors on my for a while. I finally convinced my mom that I'm kinda ambidextrous. She convinced the nuns. They left me alone on that issue.

/ Student Loan Debt? #719  
Yikes. And your parents thought this was good for you for 12 years???
That's one thing I still struggle with today. Why'd they leave me in that place for 8 years? Several families moved their kids out to a different Catholic school that had a different order of nuns. I wished my folks would have followed their lead.

High school was much different. I thrived mentally. Mostly because there were NO nuns teaching in high school. All lay teachers.