Stump Grinder accident

/ Stump Grinder accident #24  
Its amazing how many cant recognize that.
larry

So you and blankntan think that the stump grinder operator and the fellow with the chewed leg did nothing wrong. You believe the incident was unavoidable ? You believe that stump grinder just took off after the victim and did the damage on it's own ?

/ Stump Grinder accident #25  
Since you don't want to listen to me. How about listening to ericher. He has a reality well in hand.

Why thank you!

I'll always take a compliment

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Stump Grinder accident #27  
Since you don't want to listen to me. How about listening to ericher. He has a reality well in hand.

Are you serious?

Why would I, or any thinking person, take advice on how to conduct my life from a complete stranger on internet? Someone I have never met and know nothing about? The thought of it boggles the mind! Particularly from the poster you mention who appears to take issue with anyone who opposes his own narrow-minded view of the world.

I had a Father, now gone nearly forty years, who offered sound counsel that I miss every day .. But, I did not always take that advice either..

As I said, life is dangerous business. Mechanical devices are also often a great danger, in spite of man's attempts to add safety devices and ameliorate that danger. Any item conceived my man can, and often will, fail ... and usually at the most inopportune time. Common sense must prevail .. Some have it, some do not. Darwin said it best ... Natural selection ... Survival of the fittest. God has his own way of "thinning the herd" in response to an overpopulated planet!

OSHA comes to mind... Those college educated pencil pushers who hamstrung American manufacturing by making it impossible to compete in the Global Marketplace. The very folks who made our jobs more dangerous than they needed to be. And, I can name a number of instances from first-hand experience! Their power, as it grew, sounded the death knell for hardware being produced in this country .. Send the jobs overseas with fewer restrictions and lower wages .. Let someone else deal with the headaches. We were qualified for our various trades ... The OSHA people, I'm not so sure. Many of these jobs went to the greatest syncophants .. as usual! They didn't have to perform at a trade, just enforce, not to mention devise more and more inane rules. And those rules were fine until a job NEEDED to be done in a hurry ... All of a sudden, the risks became "acceptable..."

So, we cannot eliminate risk, just attempt to get it to an acceptable level.

Again, tragedies will happen ... It's part of what we face everyday. For those that can't, or desire not to face it, stay in bed, preferably with your head firmly under the covers!

Yes, he has reality well in hand ... But it's his own reality!

/ Stump Grinder accident #28  
That picture is from a TV show re-inactment. But I can imagine that the real things was way worse.

Thought the picture looked odd. I plan to rent a stump grinder soon. Those things are dangerous, will need to be careful.

/ Stump Grinder accident #29  
Are you serious?

Why would I, or any thinking person, take advice on how to conduct my life from a complete stranger on internet? Someone I have never met and know nothing about? The thought of it boggles the mind! Particularly from the poster you mention who appears to take issue with anyone who opposes his own narrow-minded view of the world.

I had a Father, now gone nearly forty years, who offered sound counsel that I miss every day .. But, I did not always take that advice either..

As I said, life is dangerous business. Mechanical devices are also often a great danger, in spite of man's attempts to add safety devices and ameliorate that danger. Any item conceived my man can, and often will, fail ... and usually at the most inopportune time. Common sense must prevail .. Some have it, some do not. Darwin said it best ... Natural selection ... Survival of the fittest. God has his own way of "thinning the herd" in response to an overpopulated planet!

OSHA comes to mind... Those college educated pencil pushers who hamstrung American manufacturing by making it impossible to compete in the Global Marketplace. The very folks who made our jobs more dangerous than they needed to be. And, I can name a number of instances from first-hand experience! Their power, as it grew, sounded the death knell for hardware being produced in this country .. Send the jobs overseas with fewer restrictions and lower wages .. Let someone else deal with the headaches. We were qualified for our various trades ... The OSHA people, I'm not so sure. Many of these jobs went to the greatest syncophants .. as usual! They didn't have to perform at a trade, just enforce, not to mention devise more and more inane rules. And those rules were fine until a job NEEDED to be done in a hurry ... All of a sudden, the risks became "acceptable..."

So, we cannot eliminate risk, just attempt to get it to an acceptable level.

Again, tragedies will happen ... It's part of what we face everyday. For those that can't, or desire not to face it, stay in bed, preferably with your head firmly under the covers!

Yes, he has reality well in hand ... But it's his own reality!

I'm pretty consistent on this site as a believer in less government intervention in peoples lives ( check my posts ) , but I would have to say, in all fairness, one branch I actually don't think has done such a bad job over the years, is OSHA.

/ Stump Grinder accident #30  
Are you serious? Why would I, or any thinking person, take advice on how to conduct my life from a complete stranger on internet? Someone I have never met and know nothing about? The thought of it boggles the mind! Particularly from the poster you mention who appears to take issue with anyone who opposes his own narrow-minded view of the world. For those that can't, or desire not to face it, stay in bed! Yes, he has reality well in hand ... But it's his own reality!

Your allowed your own beliefs and opinions even though they are WRONG!

You just keep your head under the sheets/head in the sand and leave reality to the ones who see it everyday on the streets, fields, construction sites, workplaces and homes.

Narrow-minded | Define Narrow-minded at Dictionary.com

Pretty much describes your POV no?

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet