Sub soiler on a FEL

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #11  
I was working today in the garage on a few projects like a Skid Steer Quick Detach By # point hitch and I think it turned out ok. I will have to await till it warms up to paint it though. I tried out a sub soiler that I adapted to go on in the forward direction. I am going to use the sub soiler to tear out roots and pop out rocks. I think I will need to be careful because of the mechanical advantage the subsoiler has, it will not be as capable as it is on the 3 point hitch, but it will be useful in a different way.

Looks to me like a good way to twist the torque tube on your FEL. Good luck and be careful.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #12  
Archer, thanks for the information and pic. I will shop around and see who has them. That's such a good idea, I don't see how I never thought of doing it like that before. I sure could have used one several times in the past.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
Hi Dex, that looks like a great idea. I think you are on to something.

A question or two if you don't mind. What did you do to the QA plate to accept 3 point hitch attachments? Or is one on the market that you can buy that has the 3 point hitch attachment on a QA plate?

Just thinking some more about a QA plate designed like that, you could put a landscape rake up front, (with the tines turned around), and have a lot more control doing cleanup work. You can apply some good down force on the subsoiler with the loader, that you can't get on the back of the tractor.

Can you take a pic or two just of your QA 3 point hitch plate? I would sure like to see it. If you can't buy one reasonable I may weld one up from a blank QA plate. You got me to thinking of the things you could do with one...

I ordered a quick attach plate and I used a HF 3PH quick hitch and I had to ad a few plates to angle because it would not roll back as much as I wanted it to. I worked on a Pig pole that will go on the front today and it will allow me to lift stuff up to 25 feet. Not more than a few hundred pounds but I am going to build a pole barn and i will need it to set the trusses. I also have a platform that I am setting up to work on it so I can have a rolling scaffolding. I will take some pics tomorrow and post on this thread. The ready made
3PH x Quick attach plate sells in my area for about $600.00 and I have about $200 or so.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
hi Randall, looks real good, where did you get the mounting plate, and how much was it.
can't wait to see some more action shots of it at work
thanks
Brian

Hey Brian how ya doing? Well I hope. I got the plate off of E-baay from KFI products and it is a better steel and was $95 and $25 shipping.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
Looks to me like a good way to twist the torque tube on your FEL. Good luck and be careful.

I have to agree it is something I dont want to push to the limit. I am going to use it mainly for roots and rocks.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #16  
Thanks Randall. You know, I was thinking the same thing about attaching a boom pole to the plate and using it to lift trusses for a pole barn. You should get a lot more reach with the loader and pole.
Like what Archer has.

I noticed that Rebar-Monkey on Ebay has the plates. I'm going that route, too. Another project.

Last edited:
   / Sub soiler on a FEL #17  
Here is mine that I bought from my New Holland dealer several years ago for $250. I wish one of the lower hooks was adjustable for odd-size implements, but for the price, it works very well. I've included a few pictures of my various implements in non-traditional use. As you can see, the structure is very strong and I've never worried about bending anything on the loader or quick-attach plates.

Attachments

• IDTag.jpg
    IDTag.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 236
  • BaleSpear.jpg
    BaleSpear.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 362
  • BaleSpear2.jpg
    BaleSpear2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 269
  • YellowBox.jpg
    YellowBox.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 371
  • RedBox.jpg
    RedBox.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 416
   / Sub soiler on a FEL #18  
I think I will need to be careful because of the mechanical advantage the subsoiler has, it will not be as capable as it is on the 3 point hitch

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #19  
Hey Brian how ya doing? Well I hope. I got the plate off of E-baay from KFI products and it is a better steel and was $95 and $25 shipping.

yes everything is well, i had knee surgery on thursday so i've been a little lazy lately. I tried to find kfi products on ebay but had no luck, could you post or send me a link.
thanks
brian