Suggestions on 20” pro saw

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #111  
I use my CS490 with the 20" bar for bucking close to the ground, the 18" for smaller trees and the 620P for bigger trees for good felling and bucking speed. The 620P is well balanced for bucking with the 24" bar.

I have seen a few people suggest doing a demo, only way to find out about balance and comfort.

Using the 490 to try and buck up a 36" at the butt ash is why I bought the 620P.
The 620P was about 50% of the cost of the equivalent Stihl, a pound heavier and slightly less HP, but no cat on the exhaust and tunable carb.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Suggestions on 20” pro saw #112  
Looking at adding a 20” saw to the fleet and have been looking at a new Stihl 261C.

Without a brand warfare eruption, is there any reason I should look at another comparable brand?

I like Stihl because my neighborhood dealer is very good and I like Stihl‘s business model. That might overwhelm the temptation to buy another brand that is only slightly better.

Little hesitating on the non adjustable carb, but that’s my only perceived drawback.

This is a saw I intend to use weekly as a general purpose small to medium size grab & go saw.

Constructive, non brand warfare thoughts appreciated.
I own a still blower and weed eater. I like them I like the dealer they always end up getting me the right parts. I think they give as much problems as any of them. And I don’t know of anything better maybe someone does and I hope they speak up

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #113  
Looking at adding a 20” saw to the fleet and have been looking at a new Stihl 261C.

Without a brand warfare eruption, is there any reason I should look at another comparable brand?

I like Stihl because my neighborhood dealer is very good and I like Stihl‘s business model. That might overwhelm the temptation to buy another brand that is only slightly better.

Little hesitating on the non adjustable carb, but that’s my only perceived drawback.

This is a saw I intend to use weekly as a general purpose small to medium size grab & go saw.

I love my MS362 perfect size and weight for my needs

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #114  

Added the Stihl MS261C to my other Stihl MS362 a couple years back and have no complaints or regrets at all. The MS261 is super performer and always starts and runs well.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #115  
I bought a ms362 right around the start of COVID. I've worked that thing hard and it's been a great saw.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw
I just bought the MS261 and it came with an 18” bar but bought a 16” one. Stihl recommends a 16” bar for that model but mostly everyone sells it with an 18” bar. I have the MS260 and been using it for the past 20 yrs. I almost went with an Echo but my solid experience with Stihl swayed me regardless of the added price compared to Echo. I don’t regret the ms261 and with the new compression valve makes it starting a breeze
Mine came with a “factory” 20” bar.

I love my MS362 perfect size and weight for my needs
I wanted one, but new didn’t like the price and didn’t see many used.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #118  

Check out husqvarna saws but look at commerical series, way better saws

Check out husqvarna saws but look at commerical series, way better saws
Nah. I’m good.
Husky makes a good saw, but I stay away from companies that sell to box stores.
Thanks

Got some bad news Friday.
My Makita/Dolmar 6401 has a scored piston/cylinder and I have no idea why or how this happened. 🤬

Rebuild, or replace? I need the saw next week, so rebuild isn’t looking a like a great option.

The price of 65CC + saws with a 24” bar is pushing $1,000 now.
Anyone got a nice big CC used saw for sale?

Need it real soon.

OR

What’s a good replacement that won’t kill my already hurtin business checking account?

Figures this happens right after I buy the 261C. :oops:

Last edited: